Chapter One

Ethan's POV
Wednesday

Tenley was watching me as I was cooking the spaghetti. She always liked to watch me cook.

We were talking about dinner, and how she was excited to meet Emma.

We heard a knock on the door, and I looked at Tenley. She giggled.

"Who's here? Go see!" I told her.

She ran to the door and opened it.

"Hello, there." Emma said.

"Are you Emma?" Tenley asked.

"I sure am! You must be Princess Tenley."

Tenley giggled. I smiled.

"Hey, Ethan."

"Hey, Em." I responded, giving her a quick hug and a quick peck on her cheek. Tenley thought it was funny, and it made Emma and I both laugh. "She giggles at everything." I explained.

Emma and Tenley sat down at the table, and we all made small talk as I finished cooking dinner.

Tenley was telling Emma all about her school, and Emma not only was acting interested in what Tenley had to say, but she genuinely was interested in everything Tenley said.

I knew they'd like each other.

I cut up some noodles for Tenley and mixed the sauce in for her, and then I made Emma a plate.

I served them their food before grabbing my plate, and sitting down.

"Tenley, do you want milk or water?"

"Water."

"Okay. Emma, do you want anything to drink? We have water, wine, beer."

"Water would be great."

"Alrighty." I said, walking over to the fridge. I grabbed Emma and I both water bottles, and I got a small cup for Tenley and filled it with water from the fridge's dispenser.

"Here you go, ladies." I said, giving them their waters and sitting back down.

We ate dinner, and Emma and Tenley were still hitting it off really well.

Once we got done eating, Tenley begged me for Emma to watch a princess movie with us.

"Please, daddy?"

"Yeah, Lee. Go pick one." I said. She ran off to the living room and turned on the tv, going to Disney Plus, and scrolling through the movies.

"She's so cute." Emma said.

"Thanks." I responded, smiling at Emma. "She really likes you already."

Emma smiled and I pecked her on the lips before we both walked into the living room.

Tenley already had a movie playing. It was Aladdin.

I sat down next to Tenley, and Emma sat on the other side of her.

Tenley crawled onto my lap like she always does when we watch movies, and I motioned for Emma to scoot closer to us.

Emma obliged, and I had one arm around her waist, and one arm around Tenley.

I had my girls.

Nothing has ever been better than this.

-
Emma's POV

I was really relieved that Tenley liked me. It was something I was nervous about from the second Ethan told me he had a daughter.

Eventually Tenley somehow ended up finding her way in between Ethan and I—she was getting cuddly with us, and it was melting my heart.