Chapter Sixteen

Ethan's POV

I'm going to marry Emma. I am. I'm going to. She's my future wife. No doubt whatsoever.

Emma has given me some of the greatest memories of my lifetime.

From when we were younger, sneaking off to parties in downtown Chicago and having a blast together, to now when we're fully adults, and getting matching tattoos.

It's always an adventure with Emma, and that's one of the reasons why I fell in love with her.

In a way she was kind of similar to Grayson in a sense, because he's also an adventure fiend.

Emma was sitting on the counter with her legs wrapped around my waist, and we were making out.

Something about it made me feel like we were teenagers again. Emma just makes me feel so fucking alive.

"Damn you're so sexy." I groaned as she started  trailing kisses down my neck.

She pulled away and looked at me with lustful eyes.

"You want sexy? I'll give you sexy." She said, jumping away from the counter and running upstairs.

She was gone before I could react to follow her, and once I got upstairs, the door to our bedroom was locked.

I knocked on the door. "Emma."

All I heard on the other side of the door was some whistling and footsteps.

I was standing there for a good five minutes until I heard the lock click, and the door flew open.

There she was, smirking at me while she had a silk robe on. Some lingerie was peeking out of the bottom, and I already felt like I was losing control.

"Bed. Now." I said. Two can play at the dominance game, and I was gonna take the lead.

Emma stood there staring at me until I walked toward her and threw her over my shoulder. She started laughing as I carried her to the bed and laid her down.

I threw off my shirt as I instructed her to take her robe off.

She started untying it so slowly that I started doing it for her, and underneath was a red lace set.

"Shit, Emma." I said, leaning down to her neck and grazing my teeth against her skin as her hands slid into my hair.

She moaned as I reached a sweet spot on her neck, and I ripped her bra off before I took one of her breasts into my mouth.

Emma leaned her head back as my tongue worked her chest, my hand working the side my tongue wasn't on.

She palmed me through my shorts as I left hickeys all over her chest, and I finally ripped the rest of her undergarments off, leaving her naked, and me in my shorts.

Those were quickly discarded.

I finally slid myself into her, and she sighed with relief as I started to thrust in and out.

She squeezed my shoulder at every thrust, and both of us started breathing heavier the faster we were going.

"Damn, you feel so good around me, babe."

She moaned as I plunged deeper into her.

"Right there, Ethan."

I started pounding harder into her, hitting the same spot over and over again, making her scream for me as I pleasured her in every spot that I could.

I watched her squeeze her eyes shut, and her legs shook around me as she squeezed my shoulder and let out a loud moan, crumbling down from the high she just reached.

I coaxed her through it until I finally let go for her, and we slowed down to a stop.

I stayed inside of her as we caught our breaths, both of us staring into each other's eyes.

"I can't even describe what you can do to me, baby." I said.

I pulled out and laid down next to her before she climbed over to lay on top of me.

She leaned her head down on my chest and I started to play with her hair.

"You make me so damn happy." She responded, pressing her lips to my bare chest.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She responded, pressing her lips to mine.

After that we showered and got our clothes back on, and we went outside and sat on the dock and talked for a solid three hours.

We didn't have our phones outside, but I saw the time before we went outside, and when we came back in.

It only felt like we were out there for fifteen minutes, but we were out there 12 times that.

That's how it was with Emma. Time always was flying by.

And we really could talk about anything.

We spent at least twenty minutes just talking about the sky and the water and nature.

We talked about us, we talked about Tenley, we talked about California.

We talked about our favorite Disney characters, and how she would be Cinderella if she was one of the Princesses.

I told her that Tenley always told me I was supposed to be Gaston.

We laughed for a solid ten minutes about that.

Emma's laugh is and always has been one of my favorite things in the world since I've met her.

Going six years without hearing it almost killed me.

It was so hard to get by without hearing her voice or laugh, seeing her eyes lighten the room, feeling her small hand slip perfectly into mine. Not being able to love her up close instead of missing her from far away.

It was the most difficult thing I ever had to do.

Tenley made it easier, and she was a good distraction, but at the end of the day when Tenley fell asleep for the night, and I laid down in my bed, all I could ever think about every night was that Emma's side of the bed was empty.

Now that Emma was home and we were together again, I made sure to cherish every single little thing about her, and about us.

That night was one of those nights that I loved.

Emma in an oversized crew neck and a pair of Nike shorts with a messy bun in her hair while we sat and talked on the dock for hours.

We even watched the sunset over the lake. It was gorgeous.

Spending quality time with Emma is and was always one of my favorite things to do.

Sitting there with her, there was no doubt in my mind that I needed to go ring shopping soon.

I can't wait to take care of this woman for the rest of my life.