Chapter 17

"Connorrrrrrr"  I rolled over onto my side to see Adam standing on my ladder,

"Why are you waking me up. So. Early. On. The. Weekend?" I grumbled sitting up,

"Mom and Dad are going to be here in half an hour so I figured I should tell you to get packed seeing as you haven't yet." I shoved him off the ladder. He somehow landed on both feet as I climbed down.

Of course he was right, I hadn't packed yet. Getting dressed quickly in jeans, a tee shirt and Nicks hoodie I quickly threw riding clothes into my duffel with my half chaps as well. Everything else I needed was already at our house as I didn't take all my clothes with me and my bathroom stuff I had packed the night before. 

Zipping my duffel I quickly braided my hair and pulled on my hat before lugging my bag downstairs. Adam and I were one of the last two to leave as everyone else had left the day before.

"Adam? Where you at!" I called in the silent dorm. No one answered. Shrugging I went out the front door, he was probably getting the horses set to go. Jogging over to the barn I saw a familiar trailer and truck parked in front of it. Breaking into a run I dropped my duffel besides it and launched myself onto the back of my Mom who stood watching my Dad and brother.

"Mom!" My Mom turned and gave me a large bear hug,

"Oh Connor sweetie I missed you!" I felt another pair of arms encircle us,

"Hey baby girl," I smiled even more and hugged my Dad as well. Pulling away I saw my Dad frown when he saw the sweatshirt I was wearing.

"Connor...who's sweatshirt is that," I looked at my Mom. She said she would tell him about Nick and I since he was even more overprotective than Adam. My Mom shrugged. Gee thanks Mom. I looked back at my Dad,

"ItsNicks" I spit out quickly before running over to Wind who was currently prancing around in his stall as Adam led Caesar by and not giving my Dad a chance to reply. Pressing a kiss to Winds muzzle I ran into the tack room and pulled out all his shipping things. Jogging back to Wind I slipped on his halter and strapped on his shipping boots before leading him out to the trailer. Seeing he was locked in I exited the trailer and nodded to Adam who swung up the ramp and locked the door. Jogging back into the barn I led my mom to my tack locker and grabbed Winds all purpose saddle, his usual bridle, western saddle, and polos. Giving my mom the western saddle I took the rest as we headed back to the trailer and loaded it into the storage compartment in the trailer. Smiling at my mom we swung my duffel in as well and got into the truck with the boys. 

And we were off.

...

"Connor, we're here," my eyes shot open as we pulled up to our familiar house and barn. Grinning I jumped out of the car as it pulled to a stop and ran to the trailer swinging open the door and dropping the ramp I jogged up it to my favorite boy. I dropped a kiss on his cheek before leading him out of the trailer a happy skip in my step at being home. Entering the barn I smiled as I was met with friendly knickers and a warm smell of hay and horses. Taking off Winds' boots I set him loose into his stall and said hello  to my two baby girls. Stroking both Flame and Fires muzzles at the same time I placed a kiss on each horses head and looked at Flame.

"Hey baby girl, you're gonna get a rider soon hopefully. Can you promise to be good?" I whispered to her, Flame snorted as if to say,

'We'll we'd with one last kiss on both my girls and my boy I headed back out to help unload the tack. While I loved SCRA, I loved home just as much.

Two days later

"Yeah she's coming today," I replied to Nick through the phone as I set it on speaker so I could braid my hair. We had taken to calling each other every morning and night plus I had promised to facetime him while Anna rode Flame today.