Chapter 1

Legend:
(Y/N)~ your name
(Y/LN)~ your last name
____________________________________
"You ready, (Y/N)?" I heard my mum yell from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes!" I yelled back.

Today was the day. The day I'm moving out forever. Okay, maybe not forever, but it seems like it. I'm finally going to college! More specifically Chelsea College to study electrical engineering. I'm not entirely sure on how it'll go, but I think it'll be fun. And-

"(Y/N)!" Mum was now screaming. "Are you coming down or what?"

"Okay, jeez," I said underneath my breath. I grabbed my suitcase and my last box (most of the boxes were already in the truck from yesterday) and I was ready to go. Eeeeee!!! I'm so excited!

"Finally!" my younger brother, Adrian, said once he saw me coming down the stairs. "I've been starving!"

"Why couldn't you eat?"

"Mum wanted all of us to wait for you so we can eat our last breakfast together," he explained before heading into the dining room.

"It's not our last breakfast together," I mumbled as my dad walked down the stairs.

"Hey dear," he said before kissing my forehead. "How's your day going so far?"

"Good. Nothing better than packing up," I said sarcastically.

He fluffed up my hair. "I know. Come on, your mother's waiting for us."

I sat my suitcase and box by the coat closet, then we walked in the dining room together to a wonderful smell of cooked eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

"Hey honey," Dad said, walking up behind Mum and hugging her. "That smells wonderful."

Dad tried to steal a piece of bacon, but Mum swatted his hand away with her spatula. "Keep your hands off the food," she said. "You'll get yours soon."

Dad sat down on a chair and began to read the daily newsletter.

Meanwhile, Adrian was stuffing his face with pancake. "Shanks Ma!" he said with a mouth full of food.

"Don't talk with your mouth open!" Mum scolded, playfully hitting him with her spatula. "You're welcome."

I sat down in a chair and poured myself a cup of tea.

"Anything interesting happen in the city?" I asked as Mum put a plate of food in front of me.

"No, not really. They're getting the colleges ready for the freshmen," he said, smirking at me.

"I bet they're not ready for (Y/N)," Adrian said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Shut it, you wanker."

"Mum! (Y/N) called me a wanker!"

"(Y/N)! You do not call your brother names!"

"He can handle it," Dad said from behind the newsletter. "He's 12 years old."

I rolled my eyes again. "He's a cry baby. Just yesterday he was complaining about how a hen was pecking at him while he was trying to retrieve an egg."

"It hurt!" Adrian whined, holding his hand.

"We're sure going to miss you around the farm," Mum said, changing the subject. She came to my chair and hugged me, or more like squeezing me. Tears were running down her face profusely.

"Mum," I whispered. I couldn't hug her back because she had my arms pinned to my sides. "Don't get all mushy on me."

"I-I'm so s-sorry," she said between her sobs. "I-I just c-can't believe my b-baby girl's leaving for college today."