Chapter 20

I walked for a long time. For at least an hour. My feet were dying, and my legs hurt from moving so much. But I didn't stop, even if I didn't know where I was. I just had to walk.

Beside me were townhouses, none of them I recognized. I figured how- I never been to this part of London before.

I looked up once again, trying to look for a cab. I didn't have much money, but hopefully the cabbie would be nice to drive me home for free. I saw a taxi, with a couple coming out. I started to run as fast as I could, trying to catch up with them before the taxi could leave.

"Taxi! Taxi!" I tried to wave down the car. But it was too late- the driver didn't see me, and left.

"Shit," I mumbled as I blushed. I just made a fool out of myself.

"You okay, darling?" a voice from behind me quizzed. I whirled around to meet the couple I saw come out of the taxi. "You look absolutely famished."

"I-I'm fine, thank you sir," I nodded at Freddie.

"Oh, quit it with the 'sir' shit. You already know my name, as well as I know your name. (Y/N), right?"

I nodded. "And you're Freddie."

He smiled brightly. "Yes, I am. And this is my lovely lady, Mary."

The blonde woman next to Freddie, whom had left with him from the pub, smiled warmly. "It's nice to meet you, (Y/N)."

We shook hands quickly. "It's nice to meet you too, Mary."

"So, why are you out here all by yourself?" Freddie asked once Mary and I had gotten acquainted.

"I walked," I shrugged. It wasn't a lie.

"Why did you walk all the way out here?"

I shrugged once more. "Felt like walking."

"You look tired," Mary cut in. "Fancy a cup of tea?"

I sighed at the sound of getting a cup of tea. "That would be wonderful, thanks."

So we three walked into what I assumed was Freddie's townhouse, a posh but not too posh place. Everything in it was within a shade of green or yellow, something I never thought would look good for interior designing.

"Please, take a seat," Mary motioned a hand at a little couch situated in front of a little tele. How quaint and cozy, I thought to myself as I sat down.

Freddie and Mary sat next to each other on a love seat next to the couch where I was. "So, tell me, what do you think of Queen?" Freddie interrogated me.

"Of whom? The queen? Oh, I don't agree on everyth-"

"No, silly!" he laughed. It was a nice, calm laugh. "I meant Queen!"

"Who's Queen?" I asked, unsure on who Freddie was talking about.

"Freddie, dear, I don't think she knows the new name yet," Mary tentatively put a hand on his shoulder. "Neither does your bandmates, for that matter."

"Oh, that's right," Freddie blushed ever so slightly. "Well, Queen is the new name for Smile."

"Isn't that a bit too outrageous for this time and age?" All around were homophobes, I don't think a band named Queen would settle with the people as much as Smile did.

"That's the reason, darling!" Freddie exclaimed, a look of euphoria on his face. "I can't think of anyone as outrageous as me!"

Mary and I laughed. I couldn't believe that this man was being shy and bashful not too long ago.