Chapter 14

"Wanna go for a quick swim?" John asked out of the blue as we walked out of the restaurant.

I looked at him like he was crazy. "It's fall. I'm afraid it's a bit too cold to go swimming."

"No, I meant do you want to go swimming in a hot tub or a heated pool?" John laughed.

"Where would we go? I don't like going to public pools," I asked, mumbling the last part. I honestly never been to one, let alone in an actual pool.

"My parents have a lake house down south next to the Divers Cove Reservoir in Goldstone. They have a heated pool and a hot tub if us kids wanted to swim during the winter."

"Wouldn't that be cold, running half naked until you get into either one?"

"Yeah, but that's why you get undressed quickly in front of the pool or hot tub," he said matter of factly. "Besides, if it's warm enough for you to wear a skirt, I'm sure we would be fine for a little bit."

I blushed as I fidgeted with the skirt. He was right.

"How long are we going to stay?"

"Just a couple of hours. It's an hour away, so we only have so much time." It was probably around 4.

I was hesitant to go because I really did want to go, but I don't want something to happen and we end up lost or stuck on the side of the road. And if that happened, I just know I wouldn't hear the end of it from Amber.

"Okay, but can we stop by and get our swimsuits?" I asked as we got into the car.

"Of course!" John exclaimed. "You didn't think I was gonna make you swim in your clothes, now did you?"

"Sorry, but I did," I laughed. John playfully scoffed with a smile on his face.

I just hoped Amber bought her swimsuit to college with her.

*****

I ran to my dorm room and tried to open the door but it was locked. Amber must of been out somewhere.

I

frantically looked for my key, and almost dropped my purse before I found it. I, as quickly as I could, unlocked the door and opened it.

I ran to Amber's dresser and hoped to God that she had a swimsuit in there somewhere. After searching in three drawers, I found a very sheer black swimsuit. Well, I thought it was sheer because it was a bikini, but it'll work.

I ran out of my dorm, locked it, and ran back to the car to meet John there. By the time I got there, I realized that I had forgotten an extra pair of clothes.

"Shit," I whispered as I saw John approaching the car. I had no time to get some.

"You ready?" he smiled at me. I nodded, even though I really wasn't.

We got into the car, going as fast as we could so we could have some daylight left to see the lake.

"Is it alright if I turn on the radio?" I asked once we got moving.

"Sure, I don't mind. I was about to as the same thing," John chuckled.

I turned it onto a rock station, and turned it down a bit so we could talk with it just playing in the background.