Chapter 11

"Oh, (Y/N)!" Amber called out in a sing song voice. "Wakey, wakey! Time for your coffee!"

"Nice rhyme. You're a poet and don't know it," I grumbled sleepily, smirking at my own joke.

"Oh, just get up," Amber smacked my shoulder. "You don't want to keep your date waiting."

"It's not a date," I mumbled as I sat up in bed. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6 AM. John wasn't supposed to pick me up until 9.

"Ugh," I groaned as I covered myself up again.

"What are you doing?" Amber shrieked, sounding like my mum. "You're supposed to be getting ready for your date!"

"First of all," I started, "it's not a date. We're just going out for coffee. Second of all, he isn't suppose to come pick me up until 9.

"Excatly!" Amber called out. "You need to get ready before then!"

"Not 3 hours before," I mumbled as I threw my blankets over my head.

That didn't work because Amber ripped my blankets off.

"Hey!" I squealed. "You're lucky I don't sleep naked!"

"And I know you don't, so get your lazy ass up," she put her hands on her hips, now really sounding like my mum. Minus the cussing, of course.

"I told you, he isn't gonna pick me up until 9!"

"And you need to get ready before then!"

"Yeah, at like, 8, not 6!"

"Oh my God," Amber sighed. "Just, get up! Please!"

"Fine!" I got up, grumpily crossing my arms over my chest. "Why do I need to get up so early?"

"Because," she squeaked. "You're having a spa day!" She clapped her hands cheerfully.

"What do you mean, spa day?"

"You're gonna have a spa treatment before your date!"

"For the last time, it's not a date."

"I don't care," she dismissed me. "You're still gonna have a spa, even if it's a simple meet up."

She pulled me up, and forced me to get dressed into some of her clothes. Then she pulled me all the way to a spa, where the "OPEN" sign was flipped to "CLOSED".

"It's closed, Amber," I faked my remorse. "So much for my spa treatment." I turned around to leave, but Amber stopped me by grabbing a hold of my jacket sleeve.

"Uh, uh, uh," she smiled, waving a finger at me. "It's not closed to us, just the public." She pushed open the door, and pulled me inside.

"Hey, we're closed- oh, hi Amber!" a woman from behind a counter cheerfully said. She came around the counter and walked to us.

"Hi, Rhonda!" Amber squealed and ran to the woman. Rhonda hugged her cheerfully, at least a couple of inches taller than Amber.

"You must be (Y/N)," Rhonda said as she stuck out her hand. I nodded as I shook her oddly cold hand. "Amber told me lots about you."

"What is there to know?" I chuckled awkwardly.

"Lots," Amber said as she pulled me to one of the seats near the window.

"I'm also guessing you're here for your appointment?" Rhonda chuckled, grabbing a chair to sit across from me.

I looked at Amber as she nodded. "Since when did you make an appointment for me?" I asked her.