Chapter 3

"Hurry up, (Y/N)!" Amber called from the other side of the door, knocking loudly.

"Just give me a minute!" I called back. I was trying to get some skin-tight jeans on.

"Do you need help?"

I shook my head even though I knew she couldn't see it. "No, no. I almost ready anyways."

I finally got the jeans on and grabbed one of my shirts. It was just a simple white t-shirt, something from my wardrobe Amber would maybe approve of.

Even though I've been here for a day, my life was changing completely. First, I went out in public and met some people, and now I'm going to my first pub, where there'll be lots of people. Just at the thought of it, my social anxiety shot through the roof.

"Come on, (Y/N)!" Amber whined. "We don't want to be late!"

"I'm trying," I replied as I brushed my hair. I put on some mascara, looked at myself one more time in the mirror, and walked out.

"Finally!" Amber said dramatically, slouching down and rolling her eyes. "Let's go!"

She dragged me out of the dorm and out of the building. She stopped once we were outside, skipping by my side.

"Amber, I need to tell you something before we get there," I muttered after a minute of silence.

"What is it?" Then she gasped. "Do you like one of the boys?"

"No! I mean, they're nice people, but I don't like them that way. What I wanted to tell you is that..."

"Is that?"

"I... never had a drink before," I said, falling silent again.

"Ooh, yay!" Amber suddenly said, making me jump a little. "We can have your first drink together!"

I laughed nervously. I just hope nothing embarrassing happens when I'm drunk.

We walked inside to people talking and dancing while Let's Do The Twist by Chuck Berry (an old but good song, I must say) was playing.

"There they are!" Amber gasped, pointing at Tim, Brian, and Roger. Brian was the first one to see us; he waved at us, smiling.

"Come on!" Amber said, pulling on my shirt to them. We had to go through a sea of people before we could get to them.

"Tim! Roggie! Brian!" Amber squealed, hugging each of them when she said their names. Funny how she said Tim first and not her boyfriend's name...

"Hey Amber," Tim laughed.

"Evening (Y/N)," Brian nodded, giving me a little smile. Roger and Tim followed suit.

"Good evening to you all too," I also nodded, smiling at each of them.

"You guys will not believe this," Amber said breathlessly. "This is (Y/N)'s first time drinking!"

I slapped her. "Don't spill my secrets!" I scolded.

She laughed and so did the others, making me blush.

"Well, after our gig, we can play the coin game," Roger suggested, wiggling his eyebrows at me and Amber.

"Why do you play that game when you're so bad at it?" Amber giggled, rolling her eyes at her boyfriend.

The older man just shrugged and smiled.

"We need to go now," Tim said, pulling Roger away from Amber's arms. "We'll see you guys later, yeah?"

Amber and I nodded in response, and they walked away.