Friday Night (Fluff)

(TW:  None)

 Emile Picani jammed his keys in the keyhole on the front door and pushed the door open. After a long day at the office dealing with patients he was ready to take a few hours to unwind. Tonight was Friday, and to Emile that meant movie night with his amazing husband.

"Remy? I'm home." Emile yelling into the house while unbuttoning his cardigan. A hand popped up from the couch in the living room holding a Starbucks cup.

"Good day at work?" Remy said from out of view.

"Somewhat. A lot of issues were brought up to be dealt with and it kind of took a lot out of me." Emile sighed, folding up his cardigan and placing it on the kitchen counter. He walked over to the couch into the arms of his sweetheart. Remy held the tired little fluffball in his touch-starved arms, playing with Emile's hair.

"I'm sorry, doll. You want to just head to bed?" Emile shook his head.

"I'm not missing out of movie night." Emile said plainly. "Who's week is it to pick?"

"Mine."

"Okay, what's your film of choice?" Emile asked. Remy smirked and looked down at Emile from under his sunglasses.

"Well I thought we could rewatch Little Shop of Horrors." Remy said. As expecting, Emile gasped.

"That movie about the plant that eats people???"

"Uh-huh."

"Why would you want to rewatch it? It was scary." Emile whined, burrowing his face in Remy's chest.

"Because a) it was a cinematic masterpiece and b) you were clinging to me like a little sweetheart." Emile teasingly nudged Remy as he laughed. "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

"I know you will." Emile kissed his smug lover's cheek.

The movie ended nearly ten minutes ago, but Remy and Emile remained on the couch. Just after the climactic battle, Remy had fallen asleep still holding Emile in his arms. Even after the movie ended, Emile didn't have to heart to wake Remy up. Plus, he looked so darn cute. Emile was content to stay wrapped up by Remy's arms.

As the credits finished, Remy lifted his head and rubbed his eyes.

"Is it over?"

"Yes, Sleepyhead." Emile teased. Remy rolled his eyes playfully and yawned.

"Can we go to bed, sweetums?"

"Sure thing."

Emile stood up and tried to pick Remy up, nearly falling onto him. Remy laughed.

"Maybe leave the carrying to me?"

"That's probably for the best."

Remy smiled and picked Emile up, carrying him bridal style upstairs to their room.

Emile and Remy had very different choices in sleepwear. While Emile wore a Stitch onesie, Remy chose to sleep in nothing but his boxers. Emile snuggled up to Remy under their comforter. He was warm, and as Remy's arms wrapped around him, the world fell away and it was just them. Remy's breathing became deeper and slower, signaling to Emile that he had fallen asleep. Snuggling up to his love, Emile slowly drifted off to sleep as well.