Coffee Shop AU (Fluff)

Requested by Sombrerotuxeodoman.  I hope it's decent enough lol

If Remy had his way, he'd spend all day at the Starbuck on the corner. It was by far his favorite place to unwind. It was a relaxing atmosphere, the service was great, and it was just a great spot to hang out. Not to mention the barista can make the best green tea ever.

The moment Remy was clocked out, he drove straight to the Starbucks. Haha... 'straight'. There was absolutely nothing about Remy that was straight. Now that he was thinking about it, Remy ran a hand through his messy hair to straighten out his tangled bedhead. He pulled into the lot. Slinging his messenger bag over his shoulder, Remy sauntered into his beloved sanctuary of coffee and green tea. There was only a few other people scattered around the Starbucks. Behind the counter was a barista that Remy recognized immediately. His fluffy pink hair and freckled face was all too familiar. Even though his back was to the counter obscuring his face, Emile was looking as cheery as ever.

"Hiya, doll." Remy greeted him from over the counter. "How's business, Em?"

"Remy!" Emile exclaimed, turning around to face his favorite customer. "How're you doing?"

"Eh, can't really complain." Remy shrugged, leaning on the counter. His signature sunglasses slid down his nose allowing him to look at Emile over the top of the shades. Emile's face got warm as he avoided making direct eye contact.

"The usual?" Emile asked, already grabbing what he'd need to make Remy his favorite; green tea.

"You know me so well." Remy winked. He liked the soft blush on Emile's face. It made the already adorkable barista look even more like a softie. Remy watched Emile make his tea, enjoying every second of it. A few minutes later Emile handed him his tea, smiling sweetly.

"Here ya go!"

"Thanks, Flower." Remy responded, taking his tea. He slid his sunglasses back up his nose and walked over to a small table. Remy sat alone, sipping his tea. Emile couldn't help but sneak a few glances at him every so often. Remy managed to stretch one cup of tea out for thirty minutes before he couldn't even pretend to still have some left. Emile was fed up with his own cowardice, and quickly grabbed his Steven Universe pen from his bag before Remy made his way up to the counter.

"Another?" Emile asked, already making another cup of green tea.

"You know it, sweetheart." Remy replied, leaning against the counter again. He watched Emile make his tea, and was caught by surprise when Emile used his Steven Universe pen to write something on the cup.

"Here ya go." Emile smiled as he held out Remy's tea. He bounced his foot nervously while Remy read the writing on the cup.

If you're going to flirt with me every time you come in here, you might as well flirt with me somewhere else.

Underneath that small message was a phone number, presumably Emile's. Emile was nearly shaking with anticipation, and when Remy looked up at him over his glasses he thought he might fall over.

"So... I'll call you?" Remy said, sounding like he was asking permission. All Emile could do was nod. There was a look on Remy's face that Emile had never seen before. It was a mixture of shock, admiration, disbelief... and something else that the barista couldn't quite identify. It looked like some kind of deep and pure heartfelt emotion. It threw Emile off for a minute.

Remy smiled, taking his tea and leaving the Starbucks. He drove home in complete shock. He never expected Emile to make the first move. In all honesty, he didn't expect anyone to ever make the first move. Now that it'd actually happened, it was surreal. The only thing Remy could think about was this:

"Holy sh** what the f*** am I going to say when I call him??"