Roommates (College AU)

(TW: Mentions of alcohol, drunk cuddles)

The sun had set a long time ago, but Emile was still wide awake. He was entering his fourth hour of studying that night. He wasn't behind on his homework or anything, but he needed an excuse to be awake. His roommate, Remy, still wasn't back from the frat party he'd left for almost five hours ago. It was well past midnight, and Emile was getting worried. It wasn't unusual for Remy to be out late, but it still worried him.

Emile heard someone coming down the hallway of his dorm building. They were stumbling quite a bit, so he assumed they were probably drunk. Sure enough Remy pushed open the door to their dorm and shut it behind him, swaying slightly.

"Remy, what the hell!" Emile scolded, helping his roommate sit down on his bed. "You said you'd be back by midnight."

"Sorry..."

"Do you have any idea how worried I was? You can't keep doing this!"

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm not your responsibility or anything."

"You're my-... roommate." Emile just barely caught himself.

"Okay? And?" Remy shrugged.

"And I'm going to worry about you regardless of if you think I should."

"That's not my fault."

"But it is!"

"Shhh!" Remy hissed pressing a hand on his forehead. "You're too loud."

Emile wanted to keep nagging Remy, but it was clear that he was starting to develop a bad hangover along with his intoxication. He had been alone at the party, so nobody had been making sure he didn't overindulge. Even though Emile was still furious with him, Remy needed a little TLC.

"Go ahead and get to bed. I'll make tea with honey." Emile sighed.

"Thanks, Em."

"Don't mention it."

Remy smiled and started changing into pajamas in the middle of the room, much to Emile's dismay. He wasn't in the mood to gay panic right now. He did his best to keep his mind on the tea in front of him... though it wasn't easy. Remy snuggled up in bed, groaning a little as he shifted his head. Emile smiled softly and brought his ailing roommate some tea.

"Here."

"Thank you..." Remy sat up and took the tea. Emile's hangover cure was his second favorite drink after vodka. Emile's anger had turned to pity. He sat next to his roommate and ran his fingers through Remy's hair.

"You can't keep doing this, Rem. It's not good for you."

"It's fine~." Remy drawled. "Stop worrying so much."

"It isn't fine!" Emile raised his voice slightly, making Remy flinch. He took a deep breath before continuing. "You could get hurt."

"But I won't."

"But you could."

"But I won't."

"Oh my gosh, you're so annoying." Emile groaned.

"You know you love me anyway." Remy laughed, making his roommate blush.

"No..."

"You don't like me?"

"It's not that I don't like you! You just get on my nerves sometimes."

"Ohhhh so you do like me?" Remy slurred. Emile's blush turned at least six shades deeper.

"Get some sleep." He said, standing up. Emile picked up his textbooks and climbed into his own bed. He saw Remy watching him but refused to acknowledge it. He only managed to lay down for about a minute before he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Go to bed, Remy."

"I don't wanna~! It's cold over here."

"We can trade sides for the night if your side of the room is too cold."

"No~!"

"Well what do you want me to do then?"

"Cuddle me." Remy whine.

"I'm sorry, what??" Emile bolted upright. He stared at Remy in disbelief.

"Cuddle me~."

Emile debated his options. He could stand his ground and make Remy go back to his own bed, or he could be a nice and considerate roommate and comfort a drunk friend. Just as friends. Platonically.

"Fine."

"Yayyy!"

Remy crawled into Emile's bed, cuddling up to him. Emile awkwardly wrapped an arm around him reminding himself that this was just him helping his friend. It didn't take long for Remy to pass out in his arms, snoring pretty loudly. But Emile didn't really mind. He was tempted to kiss him goodnight on his forehead. But he also didn't want to violate Remy's personal space. So he settled on a gentle hug.

"Night, Remy."

With that, he let himself fall asleep.

A/N: Sorry for not updating in so long! I'm hoping to get back into updating more frequently soon.