Sick (Fluff)

Although it had seemed like a good idea at the time, reenacting the dance from The Answer in Steven Universe wasn't the best way to spend their night off. Remy and Emile had spent a little too much time in the rain, and Emile had woke up with a high fever. Although Emile was trying hard not to let his sickness show, Remy could tell something was up.

When Emile emerged from the bedroom, his was in rough shape. He had tried to hide his flushed face with a scarf and was obviously trying to move past Remy as fast as possible. Before Emile could make it to the door, Remy stood up from the couch.

"Babe, what are you doing wearing that scarf?"

"I'm cold."

"We live in Florida."

Emile bit his lip, knowing he didn't have a counterargument for that. Suspicious, Remy pressed his hand on Emile's forehead.

"Holy sh**, Em. You're burning up!"

"I'm fine."

"No, you aren't."

"Remy, I need to go to work." Emile started to leave, but Remy picked him up by the waist.

"You need to let me take your temperature." Remy said, carrying his sweetheart back into the bedroom.

He let Emile down, keeping an eye on him while he dug the thermometer out from the master bathroom's sink drawer. Remy re-entered the bedroom to see Emile sitting with his arms crossed, a pout on his face. He chuckled and ran the thermometer across Emile's forehead. It beeped and displayed a temperature of 104°.

"Yep. You're staying home." Remy said, tossing the thermometer aside.

"I can't take a sick day. I have to be there for my patients."

"You'll get them sick, too."

"No, I won't!"

"Honey, I don't think you understand that I'm not going to let you go to work sick. You need rest."

"Remyyy! Stop ittt!" Emile groaned, lolling his head back. Remy laughed and shook his head.

"Nope. You're staying home and I'm taking care of you."

"You're being simultaneously adorable and annoying."

"You know you love me." Remy winked, a smug smirk on his face. Emile rolled his eyes affectionately.

"Maybe a little bit..."

Against his will, Emile allowed himself to stay home and be coddled until his fever went down and Remy deemed him 'healthy again'. Remy could be a bit much sometimes, but hey! Emile loved him anyway.