Tower of Terror (Fluff)

Remy had gone to theme parks with his parents dozens of times before. They were both big Disney fans, so trips to Disneyworld were a very frequent outing. Once Remy started dating Emile, another huge Disney fan, he knew that he wanted to take him to Disneyworld at some point. And that's exactly what he surprised Emile with on their one-year-anniversary.

The two of them wandered around Main Street hand-in-hand. Emile had surprisingly never been there before and was in awe of everything. Remy enjoyed the goofy smile on Emile's face.

They spent a few hours meeting characters and seeing some of the staged performances. A particular favorite of Emile's was Stitch's Great Escape. On the way out in the gift shop, Remy found a teddy bear in a Stitch onesie. He surprised Emile with it, who promptly named it Experiment 116.

"Why 116?" Remy asked.

"Because your birthday is January 16th." Emile responded, hugging the bear to his chest. Remy blushed and wrapped his arm around Emile's shoulder.

"You're too cute."

"You're a big softie." Emile teased, nudging him gently.

"Nah. I'm a bad bit-." Remy cut himself off, remembering that they were surrounded by young children.

"Oh yeeaaahhh. You're one tought cookie." Emile laughed. Remy rolled his eyes playfully and kissed Emile's head. Emile smiled shyly, feeling like the luckiest man in the world. Remy's phone buzzed in his pocket, and he tore his gaze away from Emile for just long enough to read the alert.

"Hey, Tower of Terror has a thirty minute wait!" Remy exclaimed. "Want to check it out?"

Emile was undeniably a little nervous about going on a ride with a name like Tower of Terror, but he didn't want to look like a baby in front of Remy, so he agreed to go.

Once they were both seated in the ride's seating area, Emile was way past having second thoughts. He was already thoroughly freaked out by the creepy scenery and ominous music. Remy seemed to notice and held Emile close to him.

"Scared?"

"N-No." Emile stuttered, still trying to appear brave. The lights dimmed and the elevator stared to rise. While they listened to the spooky narrator, Emile scooted closer and closer to Remy. The first crackle of light made him jump and let out a small squeal of fright. Remy smiled and held Emile protectively.

"You're okay." Remy whispered. Emile nodded in reply, but didn't seem any less tense. While the ride progressed through the eery passageway with Twilight Zone music playing and off-putting imagery, Emile hid his face in Remy's shoulder. Remy put his free hand on the back of Emile's head. The ride entered complete darkness, and the narrative voice began talking again.

Just when Emile thought it was safe to look up, the first drop came. He clung to Remy for dear life. With every drop, Remy laughed in slight shock. Emile was less entertained, and much more afraid. Every drop drew a scream from him.

Walking out of the ride, Emile was pissed. Remy was still laughing a little from the thrill of the ride.

"That was great!" Remy chuckled. Emile glared at him and shoved his shoulder gently.

"No, it wasn't." Emile pouted.

"Aw, did somebody get scared?" Remy teased. Emile huffed and crossed his arms.

"We were dropping in the dark. Repeatedly. After hearing some creepy story about people dying. Was I not supposed to get freaked out by that??"

"Awwwww, you got scareeeeeeed."

"Shut up."

Emile quickly grabbed Experiment 116 from Remy, who had been carrying their things from the 'loose items storage cubby'. Remy chuckled and kissed Emile's cheek.

"Want to head over to Peter Pan's Flight?" Remy asked.

"Yeah." Emile sighed, coming down from the adrenaline high he had been on. Remy smiled and held out his hand for Emile. "I can't stay mad forever..." Emile thought before smiling and taking Remy's hand.

"Pinocchio Village Haus is close by the Peter Pan ride. We can get something to eat there after the ride. Sound good?" Remy explained. Emile couldn't help but smile, love struck by his nearly perfect boyfriend. He might've dragged him onto a terrifying ride, but Remy was the absolute sweetest.

"Sounds perfect."