Cuddles & Memories (Fluff)

It had been three years since Remy and Emile had gotten married, and seven years since their first date. There was one thing that was a steady constant in their relationship; cuddles. No matter what was going on in their lives, they always had the other to just hold them. It was great. There was, quite literally, nothing that could come between them. Well, expect for maybe a blanket or a pillow once in awhile.

It was Saturday morning. Emile had woken up a little while ago, still wrapped up in his husband's arm. For a little bit Emile just cuddled with Remy, but after a while he had too much energy to stay in bed.

"Hey, Rem?" Emile whispered, running his fingers through Remy's bedhead. He grunted in response still mostly asleep. "I want pancakes." Emile felt Remy's grip tighten, holding him closely from behind. "Sweetums, I can't get pancakes if you're holding me prisoner."

"It's too early to get up." Remy whined, nuzzling his head against Emile's shoulder.

"Honey, it's nine forty-five."

"I stand by what I said." The therapist laughed and kissed Remy's forehead. Remy snuggled into Emile, determined to snuggle for at least a few more minutes. The two of them laid in silence for a couple moments before Remy smiled to himself and kissed Emile's neck softly. "Do you remember when I first asked you out?" Emile grinned shyly at that, blushing lightly.

"How could I forget?" He laughed, rolling over to face Remy. "It was what, ten years ago?"

"Junior year of high school." Remy confirmed. "Homecoming dance. I didn't want to go originally, but once I spotted a certain super-cutie dancing over by the water fountains, Homecoming didn't seem that bad."

"Oh really?" Emile said teasingly, rubbing his nose against Remy's.

"Mhmm!"

"Do you remember how you asked me to dance?" Emile smirked.

"Sadly, yes." Remy chuckled.

"If I recall correctly, it was something along the lines of 'Do you like this song me too wanna dance?'." Emile laughed after replicating the awkward and cringey way Remy had asked him to dance all those years ago. Remy laughed with him, wrapping a leg around Emile's leg.

"You were into it."

"Suuure I was."

"Well you agreed to go out with me after! You had to be a little into it."

"Okay, maybe it was a little cute." Emile giggled. Remy smiled sweetly and brushed Emile's hair out of his face. Emile was forgetting his desire to get out of bed, getting lost in the memories. "Do you remember our first kiss?"

"I think so. That was the one at Patton's Christmas party, right?"

"Yep!" Emile nodded. "Everyone was watching the first Home Alone movie. I think it was a little over halfway through when you dipped into the kitchen for an eggnog refill. I met you in the kitchen and made a move since you were too afraid to."

"Right." Remy was half-listening, planting short and soft kisses over Emile's face, neck, and collarbones. Emile stroked his husband's hair for a little while, enjoying this quiet time with Remy. They reminisced about the early days of their relationship together, laughing at some of the cringey moments and smiling at the sweet times. It was nearly an hour before Emile remembered wanting to get up. But honestly? At this point, he was alright with staying in bed for a little while longer.

(Quick little update:  I'm working on the second part of Apology, but it's taking some time since I didn't really set it up where it'd be easy to Remy to make it up to Emile lmao)