First Date (Fluff)

(TW: Kissing, that's it lol)

Emile was a nervous wreck. He was waiting for his long-term crush Remy to come by his house. Remy had asked him out to see a new Pixar movie that he had been looking forward to watching. Remy was going to drive them to the theater, but first Emile's parents wanted to meet the boy they'd heard so much about. Emile was doing his best to calm his nerves, but his dad wasn't making it easy.

"Are you sure you want to wear that? You know you don't need to pretend to be someone you're not to impress a boy. And make sure that you keep at least 3 inches between you at all times so he knows not to make any... ahem, 'moves.'"

"I know, Dad." Emile groaned. He was trying not to get too annoyed by his dad's pestering.

"Are you sure you want to go? I know you like this boy, but you hate crowds, Emmy. There's probably going to be a lot of people at the theater."

"I know, and I'm sure."

"Do you want us to go with you? We wouldn't sit near you or anything; just keep an eye on the situation. From a safe distance."

"Patton, honey, give the poor boy some air." Emile's father appeared in the doorway. "Let him finish getting ready without you hovering."

"I'm not hovering!" Patton insisted. Emile's father cocked an eyebrow. "Okay, maybe I'm being a little... pushy. But I just want to make sure that Em is prepared for a da-... outing."

Logan shook his head and laughed softly.

"This is all a part of his development. It's normal for you to want him to stay a little kid forever, but that's simply not possible.  Dates are inevitable.  Just be grateful that he feels comfortable enough to talk to us about such things."

"But-!"

"Come help me make dinner and let Emile finish getting ready."

Reluctantly, Patton left with his husband to make dinner. Emile sighed, glad to be rid of his dad's never ending stream of comments. He fluffed his hair for the millionth time that evening and tried to pick what earrings he wanted to wear. He settled on a pair of plain crystal studs.

Not two minutes after Emile had finished getting ready, the doorbell rang. Panicking, Emile hurried to answer the door before his dads did. He opened the door and smiled.

"Hey, Em." Remy greeted him nonchalantly.

"Hi!" Emile giggled for no reason and immediately felt awkward for it.

"You ready to get going?"

"Actually.. um, my dads wanted to say 'hi' before we leave."

"Sounds good."

Emile led Remy through the house to the kitchen where Logan and Patton were making dinner. Logan was the first to notice them.

"Salutations. You must be Remy."

"Yep. Nice to meet you, sir." Remy took off his sunglasses, clipping them on the collar of his shirt. Logan seemed to approve, but Patton looked much more apprehensive.

"So... Remy... what are your plans for the night?" Patton asked, drying his hands with a towel. Remy shrugged.

"Watch a movie."

"Are you sure that's all? You don't have any... ulterior motives?"

"Patton." Logan shot him a stern look. Patton took the hint and shut his mouth. "We won't hold you boys up any longer. We'll see you later, Emmy."