Chapter 4

Aisha's POV

He's so Fine!

That was the first thing that came to my mind immediately my eyes met his. He was handsome, hot and rugged all in one person and I honestly didn't think it was possible to have these three features all in one man, except today.

He was dark in Complexion. Deep, oozing, chocolate skin with a hint of caramel topping. He had his hair in a buzz cut and his facial hair was trimmed to fit his oval face. He looked sharp in his white white shirt, two buttons loosened, his tie and suit hanging on the coat hanger few feet away from him. He pulled off a casual yet professional look without breaking a sweat and his shirt did nothing to hide his muscular biceps. Not to mention he had some sort of aura that couldn't be resisted.

I thought I was going to meet a slightly older man probably in his early fifties but I've been blessed with a bundle of sexiness.

Jesus! Where did that come from.

Seems like I wasn't the only one staring because he was also staring at me, accessing me, checking me out but his face gave away no expression whatsoever so I couldn't pin point what exactly he was feeling.

Do I look okay?

Do I match up to his standard?

Why do you care, Aisha. You are engaged!

I chided myself quickly, clearing my throat to catch his attention. He subtly snapped out of whatever daze he was in. I thought I heard him gulp but I dismissed it, agreeing with myself that I imagined it. I probably imagined him staring at me too since I wasn't really paying attention myself.

Focus Aisha!

"I'd overlook your tardiness because it's your first day and because you have an outstanding résumé, Miss Aisha." The way my name rolled off his tongue had me getting goosebumps all over my skin.

"Thank you, sir." I tried my best not to stutter. I have to be confident. He smirked at me and I was this close to asking him what was funny.

Shey you want to loose your job?

"I want to officially welcome you to Gobir and Akinfemi Legal Practice. As you know, this firm is one of the best in the country and we intend to keep it that way. I need you to bring your A game because your work starts immediately." He stated and I found myself nodding. He picked up my file from his desk and started to flip through.

"I went through your résumé and like I said earlier, I'm Impressed. You are an outstanding student but that isn't what got you this job_" He leaned against his desk and looked at me intently. I maintained eye contact with him.

"Aisha, being a lawyer is not an easy task. It's a pretty risky job, especially when we get into the dirty games of politics and governmental issues which is a regular occurrence in this firm. I want to know you are up for whatever might come your way. I want to know I can trust you." He told me. I sighed.

Law has been my passion since I was a kid. I've always wanted to fight for justice, fight for the truth. Yes, it makes me seem like an hypocrite because my Dad's a politician, my future father in law is also a politician, even my fiance is aspiring to be one and he isn't doing any justice with me. But, even if I can't help myself, I really want to help other people out there. I want to fight for other people.

"I knew what I signed up for when I chose this profession, sir. I'm up for it, anything. I'm going to do whatever it takes to let justice prevail." I assured him. He looked at me, his head cocked to the side, his eyes searching me. After a moment, he leaned back on his chair.