Chapter 13

Aisha's POV

I have been feeling so restless after everything that happened in Hakeem's office. I wouldn't stop thinking about our little intimate moment. It was, dare I say, magical. I've never felt that way about anyone. Just my a single touch, he had set my entire body ablaze with passion, desire.

Want.

Something I doubt I have ever felt with Emeka.

But was I really ready to risk it all? Especially when Emeka is clearly turning a new live. Emeka is willing to change and I'm counting on it. He loves me so, he probably means it time. The fact that he even got me a necklace is what makes it different from other times.

You are so naive.

"Your escapades in Hakeem's office just keeps getting more and more." I looked up to see Ginika walking into my office. I rolled my eyes, turned to my laptop and pretended to busy myself with it.

I'm not ready for Queen Bitch today.

"I don't have time for your childish banters, Ginika. As you can see, I'm very busy." I replied her.

"Are you sleeping with him?" She dead panned and I shot my head up to look at her. She had a smirk on her face but her eyes held something that was opposite of funny. I scoffed and went back to typing on my laptop.

"I don't owe you anything." I simply replied.

"Of course you do. You owe me so many explanations as to why you are sleeping with my boyfriend, taking advantage of the fact that I am barely around!" She snapped, hitting the table.

"Well, I haven't seen a ring on your finger yet so you don't own him. Besides, Hakeem is a grown man, he is old enough to make decisions. Now get out of my office." I stood up, hand leaning on the table and met her heated gaze. She didn't make a move. I was boiling with anger.

"Oh, but you have a a fiance yet you keep sleeping with my man." Ginika eyed me, accessing me like I was some filth, then started to walk out of my office. I suddenly began to fill mischievous, not wanting Ginika to go scot free.

"That's a bit rich coming from someone who can't keep her legs shut for one minute." I clapped back and she turned around abruptly, mouth open and speechless.

"I don't have any idea what the bloody he'll you are talking about." She stated as soon as she found her voice and I scoffed, folding my hands across my chest and smirking.

"Oh but you do." I replied her sassily and she veered back like I had spat at her.

"Next time, when you want to have sex with one of the security guards, try not to do it where security cameras are and try not to be too loud." I concluded with a smirk on my face.

She opened and closed her mouth in anger and shock like a fish out of water. When she couldn't think of anything to say, she let out a cry of frustration and stomped away. I sighed in frustration and slumped down to my seat, suddenly exhausted.

I was exhausted.

****

Ever since I got back home, Emeka has been on this off and on phone call with is father and has paid me no heed. I could hear Emeka from the corner where he had gone to pick the call and I knew for a fact they were arguing. Not that it concerned but I was curious to know why.

By past 9:00pm, I made my way to the room where Emeka had retired to earlier, not finishing his meal. I got to the room and I saw that he looked a bit disorientated, upset about something. I carefully made my way towards him, sat down beside him on the bed and gently placed my hand on his shoulder.