Chapter 8

Hakeem's POV

We were seated comfortably in "The Yellow Chilli Restaurant and Bar" located at Victoria Island. The waiter just left our table with the menu and our choice and we had to wait just for a few minutes before we get our food. I decided to engage Aisha in a little conversation but she beat me to it before I could start.

"I've never been to this place before." She said and my eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"Really?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I've heard about it severally but I haven't had the opportunity to be here." She said and I leaned my elbow on the table, leaning forward a bit with sudden keen interest.

"Well, you are in for a treat." I told her and she gave me a look of awe. "The food here is top notch." I assured her and she let out a wow sound.

"And very expensive too." She stated and I chuckled. "Honestly, I saw the prices attached to each meal on the Menu and my eyes almost bulged out." She added, waving her hands emphatically and I laughed lightly, enjoying the way she was expressive.

"I promise you, the food is worth every penny. Trust me. I don't care about the money spent, the food will satisfy you for days. You'll not want to eat anything else." I told her and she chuckled, throwing her head back. I basked in the serene look and sound, glad I made the look to befriend her.

"Here you go, sir and ma. Enjoy your meal." The waiter's voice interrupted me and I looked up to see that our food was already placed in front of us.

"Thank you." Aisha and I chorused and she left. I watched as Aisha picked her fork and dug it into her meal before taking it back into her mouth and began to chew. Her face immediately contoured into that of pure delight and pleasure as her lids fluttered close.

"Oh my gawwdd." She drawled out and let out an innocent moan. A moan that basically did things to my body and alerted all my senses.

"You like it?" I asked, my voice coming out hoarse and huskier than normal.

"Are you kidding?! I love it. This is so good. Definitely worth every penny." She rambled a reply and I laughed again, digging into my own food. I heard another moan from her and I tried so hard to suppress a groan.

Fuck! Is she doing that on purpose?

I looked at her and saw that she was enjoying her meal. I stopped eating to watch her. Something I have never done before, I actually stopped eating to watch her eat. She seemed to notice that I was looking at her because she looked up and her eyes met mine. Not one to back out of a staring contest so easily, I kept staring at her until she looked away shyly. That earned a chuckle from me.

"What's funny, Barrister Gobir?" She asked, her voice teasing and sweet, sending shivers down my spine. I ran my eyes through her features subtly.

"Nothing, Barrister Aisha. And please, we are not in the office. Call me Hakeem." I said,  my lips in a lopsided grin.

"If only you call me Aisha." She smiled teasingly and I chuckled. I poured a glass of wine for her and she smiled in appreciation. We can make do with a little alcohol, it's the weekend. We continued eating, making small talks. I decided to try what Jimmy asked, praying it doesn't get awkward.

"So, your fiancé..." I trailed off, watching her reaction. Her brows furrowed but a small smile still played on her lips.

"Yes? What about him?" She asked and I shrugged, trying to act nonchalant.

"You are engaged to the famous Emeka Maduka." I stated and her saw awe in her eyes. She didn't tell me who her fiancé was so it was only logical that she was surprised.