Chapter 34

CHARLIE'S POV:

I climbed the stairs, anxious to have a compelling conversation with Cody but there was a part of me that had no idea what to say. I want to apologize and I feel as though I should but he definitely deserved that spanking, just maybe not the reflection period afterwards.  Their bedroom door was shut and I hesitated before knocking, but I was shortly greeted by Eryk as he told me to come inside. He was sitting on his bed with his phone.

"Where's Cody?" I asked, turning my head in every direction of the room only to see it empty.

"Closet." He nodded his head towards the closet.

"Give us a minute alone please." I opened the door and tilted my head towards the stairs.

After Eryk left, I closed the door and turned on the light. I never did understand why they always sat in the dark so much. To my right was the closet door and I could see the tip of his feet sticking out under the frame, he was getting too big for the closet but I don't think that'll stop him.

"Cody." I knocked before opening.

He was sitting with his knees to his chest, his elbows resting just to the end of his quads. He had a blank stare on his face, red and puffy eyes with drenched cheeks.

"I want to talk to you." I finally said after a few minutes of silence.

"Please, leave me alone." He whispered.

"Come on bud," I opened the door entirely and slid my back against it so I too was sitting on the floor. "don't be like that. We need to talk about what happened."

"Bryan already went over everything when he put me in the corner. I know: smoking is bad, it'll ruin my life, I should lie because then no one will trust me. Can we just skip past the lecture?" He rolled his eyes after rubbing them.

Ignoring his snide comment, I turned myself to face the exiting door so I wouldn't intimidate him too much.

"Listen to me, I'm sorry that Bryan made you experience that reflection punishment. It's embarrassing and inconsiderate, if I had known Bryan had any intention of doing that I never would have let him allocate your punishment."

"You're sorry for letting Bryan punish me?" He finally looked up at me.

"Only his use of  the reflection part, but you deserved that spanking Cody."

"Charlie," He dangled his head but kept his eyes on me. "respect and all, but I just want to be left alone."

"Dinner is at five today because Bryan had a change of plans, that leaves you two hours to pull yourself together. I will be downstairs cooking if you want to talk to me about what happened." I said calmly before leaving him alone in the closet.
____________________________________________________
ERYK'S POV:

I watched Charlie leave the bedroom door before heading downstairs with a disappointed look forming on his face. I know why Cody's taking this so harshly and I know that he's going to want to talk to me about it but I honestly have no idea what I'm going to say to make him feel better.

"Cody? Are you okay?" I crouched down so I could see him since he had the lights off.

"You remember when..." he stopped to sniffle. "when Jeff broke the fish tank and it fell on my ankle?"

"Yeah, but I was at practice so I didn't find out until later that night."

"Well he..." he wiped his face. "he beat me with the phone cord and put me in the corner just like Bryan but I was completely naked."