Taming You (27)

11:45 am, Mrs. Nam checked the time for the nth time since she arrived at the Hogwarts Café owned by Jennie's friend. (Which was also owned by her friend before but then, she gave it to her daughter, named Nayeon.) It's too early for her to be there but she don't want to waste some time. Jennie might change her mind and cancel the meeting if Mrs. Nam will be late even for a second only. She knew her daughter too well and she's not gonna risk this moment so she came here an hour earlier than the said time.

"Auntie, she's not here yet?" Nayeon came to her booth for the nth time too. The girl was shock when Mrs. Nam told her that Jennie wants to meet up. It's really bizarre. Even Mrs. Nam herself can't process it when her secretary came running to her office and told her that her daughter sent an email asking for a meeting. All the commitments and schedules this day were all canceled, Jennie is more important that those.

"Hmm." Mrs. Nam gently shook her head. "It's still too early, I just get here first so that I won't be late. You knew Ruby Jane, she might cancel this when I'm a little bit late." Mrs. Nam added with a little laugh.

Nayeon give her a smile and said that she's just at the counter if she needed anything else to which Mrs. Nam responded with a nod and a thank you.

Her husband and Chahee, her other daughter, doesn't know about this. She strictly instructed her secretary to keep this between them only. She don't want her husband and Chahee to be worried, and it's Jennie, she won't hurt her--physically. But Mrs. Nam knew that Jennie is capable of hurting her, emotionally.

Another long minutes had passed and the clock already hit twelve and at the same time Mrs. Nam heard the bell rings, indicating that there's a customer. She lifted her gaze from the steaming cup of her black coffee to the glass door and there, she saw her daughter. Looking beautiful as always, wearing a white blouse that is neatly tucked inside her pencil skirt. A business woman, indeed.

Jennie didn't noticed her presence because she's sitting at the farthest booth, she saw how her daughter smile seeing Nayeon at the counter. Mrs. Nam couldn't stop herself from smiling too, seeing her daughter this happy is enough for her even if she's only seeing it in a distance.

She let Jennie talk to Nayeon for a minute until Nayeon said something that made Jennie still, and look at her way. Mrs. Nam was startled for like two seconds then she offer her daughter a smile. Jennie turn to Nayeon once again then she made her way to her waiting and nervous mother.

"Jennie... Take a seat." Mrs. Nam stand and motioned to the empty seat across her. Jennie didn't say a thing and took the seat gracefully.

They went silent for a while until Mrs. Nam spoke.

"I'm glad seeing you fine, Jennie." she said staring at her daughter.

"I'm always fine." Jennie said flatly.

"Why... why did you want to meet?" she ask gently, when talking to Jennie she wants to use the right words because one mistake will surely make the beast inside her go wild.

"I'll go straight to the point. Lalisa Manoban... do you know her?" Jennie ask staring directly at her mother.

Mrs. Nam stilled in awe, the terror were very visible in her eyes but she kept her posture calm. Her daughter found out about it and she never knew that this time would come, she's always careful whenever she wanted to meet with Lisa. She wasn't ready yet, she don't know what to say. And Lisa's contract ended weeks ago.

"She's working as my photographer--"

"Liar." Jennie said and look at her with so much disdain. Seeing that look on her face is enough to make Mrs. Nam hurt. She never wished for Jennie to look at her like that, it wasn't a good feeling being stared like that by your own child.