The Not-So-Perfect Proposall

___NATSU___

I stood there dazed.

"I- we-What?!" Lucy shouted. I slowly began to come back to me senses.

"You two are getting engaged!" Mom and Layla squealed.

"Mom! I can't get married! Not after what happened last time." Lucy murmerd the last part. What happened last time? Wait. There was a last time?!

"Sweety.. I gave you a year and six months.. You still haven't found anyone. And you remember our deal, right? After that much time I would choose your husband.. Besides, what's wrong with Natsu? You guys were just all lovey-dovey!" Layla said.

Lucy was quiet for a while before running upstairs. I could only watch her, my limbs wouldn't move. Layla sighed. I could tell she just wanted Lucy to be happy. For some reason, she thought I would be the best thing for her...

"Third floor, first hallway, and fith door on the left. She's on the balcony. Go do somethin' Natsu" Sting said, his face was serious as he leaned against the arch of the dinning room.

"Like, now." Wendy cut in. I muttered oh before running upstairs, following Sting's instructions. When I reached the door, I thought for a second. An idea popped into my head, I smirked before opening the door.

___LUCY___

I sat on the railing, deep in thought. Dan broke my heart. Who's to say Natsu won't? I sighed, besides I had just met Natsu.. What if he was a murderer, or a rappist, or some creep who had spent years stalking me?! Or what if-

"You know you think out loud?" a voice cut in. I jumped, trying placing my foot on the edge. But I missed my step. Screeming, I closed my eyes and prepared to fall.

"Jesus Luce, you're so dramatic!"

I slowly opened my eyes to see Natsu's arms around me. His body on one side of the railing and my body on the other side. I gave a nervous giggle and felt myself being picked up and over the railing. Natsu was always able to pick me up with ease, that was one of the things I liked about him.

"W-what are you doing up here?" I asked.

"Your brother told me where I should go to find you, so I came up here to do something.." Natsu said sheepishly.

"What?" I asked. He scratched the back of his head.

"W-well I know I don't have a ring or flowers and I barley know you.. But- Wait!" Natsu said. He grabbed the pink roses from the table beside the balcony door. Then began toying with something on his neck. He put both things in one hand and grabbed mine with the other.

"Lucy Heartfilia, I know I don't know you enough to say this but..you are sweet, compassionate, funny, insanely good at baseball, and you're beautiful.." he kneeled down. I gasped.

"I don't know what happened last time you opened up but I wanna let you know.. I'm not like most guys- I think you already figured that out-" he side commented, I laughed. "Luce I want you to try to be with me for three months. If you can't open up to me or you don't love me you can call off the wedding.. Three months is all I ask. So Luce, will you marry me?" asked as he held up a ring. The ring was on a chain and had flame engravings. On the inside his full name was engraved as well. I gasped, it was in amazing ring. I smiled, tears coming to my eyes.

"Yes!" I squealed. Dan hadn't propose anyway like that! I guess Natsu really was different than most guys.

Natsu did his best to slide the ring on my finger as he stood up. As soon as it went on, it slipped off. We laughed before Natsu put it back on the chain and put it around my neck. He stood back and admired it. I smiled, showing it off.

"Now, as long as you have this on your mine, got it?" Natsu said before pecking me on the lips. I blushed and nodded. I already knew I wouldn't want to let any of this go..

~~~~~~~~~

That night, I couldn't sleep. Sting had come in and I told him every detail. Later on that night, I couldn't sleep.. So I laid there, admiring every single piece of the ring. Natsu Dragneel. Those two words were enough to make me smile.

A/N: I had fun writing this one.. Sorry it's short.