Birthday Part 2- New Animals

___PET STORE___

___NATSU___

After taking the long walk, we reached the pet store.

"Welcome to the pet store. All our pets come from the shelter!" a young man lounged at the counter. I watched him skim Wendy and I. Once his eyes layed on Lucy, he smirked and stood up straight. I didn't like the way he looked at my Lucy. He was about to walk over to her when I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Sorry dude, she's taken." I growled. He gave me a glare.

"Wow! Nii-chan, come look at all the kitties!" Wendy said in awe. I chuckled as we walked over to her. About two dozen kittens crawled over each other. Only one peaked my interest. A small kitten laying in the cornner apart from the others. For some reason, it was blue.

"Oi!" I yelled, waving that guy over.

"Yes sir?" he answered.

"Why is that one blue?" I asked, pointing to the one in the corner.

"Like I said, most of the animals are from the shelter. That one's a rescue. When they found 'em, he was like that. The owner died his hair blue." the guy said. I nodded.

"I'll take 'em." I answered.

"Natsu!" Lucy looked at me in suprise.

"But I want this one!" Wendy whined. I looked over to see her cuddling a small white kitten.

"Well this one isn't for you, it for me!" I grinned.

"You. Take care of a cat?" Lucy dead panned. I rolled my eyes. Turning back to the guy.

"I'll take 'em." the boy gave a nod.

" Nii-chan? Can I get her a dress? Or a collar? Or something pretty? Please!" Wendy begged. I nodded and she ran to the cat decor. I turned back around to Lucy. Who wasn't there. I frowned.

"Lucy?" I yelled, hoping she wasn't with that creep cashier.

"Dog isle!" I heard her answer. I sighed and walked over to her.

"Luce what are yo-"

"Wahh! Look Natsu!" Lucy lifted up a small white puppy.

"Isn't he cute? I think I'll buy him!" she smiled.

"And I'll buy him clothes, and we'll go running, and I'll take you on long walks, and we'll be best friends!" she said, not taking her eyes off the dog. She cuddled it close. I signed.

"Come on Luce." I said. She pouted.

"Wait! Let me buy him and somethings for him!" she said. I sighed, I couldn't say no to her.

"You and Wendy have ten minutes got it?" I asked, she gave a nod and ran of with the dog. I walked over to the kitten pin, grabbing the blue cat. I picked him up neatly and stared into his eyes. After awhile I brought him to my chest. After a second, he clawed onto my shirt.

"O-Oi! What do ya thing you're doing?!" I yelled at the cat. It made its way up to mu shoulder and layed there, puring into my ear. I shighed.

"You're pretty happy there aren't you?" I asked. He meowed happily in reply.

"You like that name? Happy?" another happy reply.

"Alright, Happy it is!" I chuckled.

"Nii-chan! We're ready!" Wendy yelled. I walked over to them, grabbing a black collar before reaching the casheir. I looked at the pile of things Wendy was getting for that damn cat.

"So? Whats the cat's name?" Luce asked. Wendy looked at her and smiled.

"Charla!"

"Thats a nice name."

"Whats your dog's name?" Wendy cocked her head to the side, Charla still in her hands.

"Plue!" Luce said. Now that caught my attention.

"Plue?" I asked, choking back laughter.

"Oi, shut it. What about you? What with the name 'Happy'" she glared at me, I glared back.

"Don't. dis. Happy!" I growled.

"Then don't. dis. Plue!" she growled back. There was a moment of complete silence as we both glared, challenging each other.

"Neh, Nii-chan.. You should probably pay.." Wendy cut in. Lucy and I sighed and I brought out the money, setting it on the counter. The boy packaged our stuff and handed us two small cages for the cats and several bags.

Lucy sat all her things on the counter, Plue already in a small cage.

___DRIVING HOME___

___LUCY___

"I had so much fun! Thanks, Nii-chan and Nee-chan!" Wendy grinned ear to ear. I smiled

"I'm glad you did, sunshine." I said looking behind me. Wendy stared at me in disbelief before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so glad Natsu's marryin' you!" Wendy's voice was muffled as she dug her face into my shoulder. I blushed.

"Neh, we're not getting married 'til we graduate!" I told her

"Doesn't matter.. I got to meet the best sister ever." wendy said into my shoulder. I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Oi! You two, sit down. You're blockin' my shot, so unless you get hurt I sujest you sit your butts down." Natsu grumbled. I laughed and sat down. After a couple minutes of silence, an idea popped into my head.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine!" I sang loudly.

"You make ha-ppy! When sky's are gray!" Wendy joined.

"Oh dear lord.." Natsu sighed as we continued to sing any song that came to mind.

A/N: thanks so much for the reads!! I love you all minna! Happy birthday to any one who is actually reading this on their birthday! Hope you get what you want! <3