An Unwanted Meeting

___LUCY___

"L-Luce?" I heard Sting ask, fear and worry noticeable in his voice. Hide it, I thought. Don't let anyone know you're scared.

"I'm fine Sting. He doesn't scare me anymore, I can hold my own. Besides, Natsu will protect me if I can't." I smiled. He stared at me for a second before continuing to drive. Good.

__TIME SKIP- LUNCH___

It's a good thing Dan is a senior. I would have died if he was in any of my classes. Hell, I would have died if he had even seen me! I was brought back from my thoughts by a thin voice.

"Lu-chan, what do you think?" I blinked a couple times before looking at Levy, confused.

"W-what?" I asked. Erza sighed and shook her head.

"The musical, the choices came in today. Which one do you think we should do?" Erza said sternly. Which one, I thought. Maybe- what were the choices again?

"Could you. Maybe refresh my memory on the choices again?" I asked cheekily. Levy sighed loudly while Juvia giggled.

"The choices are 'Into The Woods', 'Hair Spray', 'Wicked', and 'Peter Pan'." Levy said. I sat in my seat, planing out the cast for each musical. My favorite musical is into the woods, I thought carefully, but cast. Which one has the best character choices?

"Lucy! You there?" Gray asked. He snapped I my face, at first I didn't realize it. then he lightly tapped my cheek, making me jump in suprise. Almost emidiately, both Natsu and Sting smacked him on the back of the head. I giggled and looked at the girls.

"I don't know. All of them have an amazing plot.." I said, pausing for a second. "But-" all the girl jumped at my sudden finish. "I'm still thinking about cast choice, set, budget,and how much time we will have to get everything set." I said, looking around the table. Everyone was Suprised at my sudden answer. Well.. Everyone except Erza. She sat there with a smirk. She finished chewing her piece of strawberry cake and began to speak.

"You're right, Lucy. Now.. I was thinking. 'Into The Woods' has somewhat had make up traing. Meaning we'd have to teach them earlier the most plays. 'Hair Spray' would require a fat suit though." Erza paused for a moment due to the boys. Most of them were giggling, except for Gray and Jellal. Jellal leaned back in his chair.

"Gray has a fat suit." Jellal said all to seriously. The boys were howling with laughter now. Me and the other girls couldn't help but giggle. Erza frowned.

"Gray? Why would you.. Have a fat suit?" Erza asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Well.. I uh.. It's- well.. It's a long story." Gray said. I leaned forward, knitting my fingers together and rested my chin on them.

"Well. You're in luck, we've got about.. Twenty minutes left for lunch. I'm pretty sure we have time for this 'long story' of yours." I smirked. The boys had just gotten out of their laughing fit and mimicked me, looking torwards Gray. He shrunk in his seat.

___TIME SKIP- AFTER SCHOOL___

We had a drama meeting today. I was held back in class for being late though. When I got out of Mr. Gildarts class, almost everyone was gone. I sighed and went to my locker.

"I come here just for you and you don't even drop by to say hello.." The worst voice in the world cut through my oh so precious silence. I bit my lip, wishing I was anywhere but here. Don't show fear, I thought. Don't show fear.

"That's because I wish you'd stayed in America." I said bitterly, stuffing my things in my bag.

"Tisk tisk, Lu Lu. You kn-"

"Don't you ever say that stupid nickname again!" I growled, but I couldn't turn and say it to his face.

"Wow.. Lucy Heartfilia actually has the confidence to stand against me!" Dan said sarcastically.

"What do you want Dan?" I asked, venomously.

"Oh come on Lucy. I'm sober now, I went to rehab. I'm ready for a second chance." That was it. I snapped, no more fear. I twirled on the ball of my foot and faced him.

"Do you really think I will just take you back because you went to rehab? Rehab can't fix the scares you've put on me. Rehab can't erase all the insults you've said to me. REHAB can't take away all the tears I've she'd because of you. REHAB CAN'T GLUE MY BROKEN HEART BACK TOGETHER!" I shouted. I knew exactly what was coming next. And I was terrified. But I knew I couldn't show it. So I kept a straight face and looked him dead in the eyes. 3.. 2.. 1.. Dan slammed his hands on either side of my head. Here it comes.

"DAMMIT LUCY!" He screamed. There was a moment of silence as he looked at the floor. Slowly, he looked up. Pure anger in his eyes.

"Fine. But just remember, if I can't have you.. Then no one will." he growled. He stared straight into my eyes before walking away. As soon as he turned the corner I dropped my bag and slowly slid down the wall of lockers. I could feel tears falling down my face, but I didn't care.

"LUCY!" someone shouted. I quickly looked up to see Natsu and Sting running for me.

"W-we heard.. Noises.. And someone yell your name and we.. We came to see if you were okay" an out of breath Natsu panted out. I smiled and stood up, grabbing my bag as well.

"I'm fine guys." I giggled. But Natsu didnt but it he frowned and examined me.

"Luce.. Were you crying?" he asked.

"I-I'm fine Natsu." I said sternly. He nodded and swung his arm around my shoulders.

"Alrighty then! Off to the drama room!" Natsu shouted as Sting and I laughed.