Chapter 18: "Sophie"

(Charlotte's POV:)

Little did the group know that there was a very important reason we had to see Mamma Mia, a few months back now when the boys were put filming for a cover, I was here in this theatre auditioning.

The casting director contacted me saying that they will love for me to play Sophie in a couple months for a short run. So of course I told them I would and they said for me to come to the show tonight with however many people as I would like to as they are going to announce the new Sophie after the bows!

When we get to the auditorium we are taken to seats with probably the best view of the stage. The first half is brilliant and by the interval I am buzzing at the thought of me being on that stage performing these songs in a few months as my West End debut.

It's now getting towards the end, it's the final song before the walk down and I'm clinging onto Rye and Brooks hands to contain my excitement.

It's the final bows and just ad the girl playing Sophie at the moment comes forward pur eyes lock. I had briefly met her during auditions and from  what I know she seems like a lovely person, so of course I smile at her and wave slightly when I see her smile back.

It's time! The casting director walks into the stage and waits for the audience to settle before she began to speak.

"Ladies and gentleman if you are not aware already, in a couple of months we are welcoming two new cast members for both of their West End debuts! And we actually have put Sophie in the audience tonight, so please give it up for our future leading lady the wonderful Charlotte Ryder!" she announces my name and motions for me to stand so I do, a smile filling my face as I feel hundreds of eyes turn to me as the sound of applause fill my ears.

Then I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and lips press onto my cheek before I sit back down and cuddle into Rye as there was lucking no one behind us. "Well done shortcake" he whispers into my ear as he gives me another kiss. "Thanks Rye, I love you" I laugh turning my head to peck his lips. "I love you too" he says pulling me up to stand as everyone gathered to hug me.

We head backstage leaving Jack, Pan, Sonny, Lilly, Brook, Tori and Andy in the lobby so I could find out rehearsal dates and times.

It turns out that rehearsals begin in two weeks time, just after my restraining order on Jaxon is taken off actually. I also won't be meeting who is playing Skye until rehearsals start, I don't know if I should be excited or not for that though.

Once we are back to the group we are all thoroughly shattered and just ready for bed but they still manage to give me another big congratulations.

Lottiexryde

Liked by: pantography

Liked by: pantography.life, Ryebeaumomt and 500 others

Lottiexryde So glad to announce that in two months I will be taking over as the role of Sophie in Mamma Mia on the West End! I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone that has supported me in this world of theatre and a giant thanks to @ryebeaumont for supporting and helping me through the toughest of times, I love all of you so much -