Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Caleb

I think Bailey likes me back.

I think...?

...I hope.

To be honest, last night ended pretty normally, minus the mess I had caused with Mallory and Noah. The meet and greet went well, and our band even got a few invites to come play at other venues in the city.

Bailey hadn't said much to my confession. She actually just wound up leaving early, but it was because she didn't want to worry her parents by staying out too late. It was not because of me. It was definitely not because she had absolutely no feelings for me and wanted to get the hell out of there.

I hope so...

But if she really is okay with me, why am I getting this odd feeling she's purposely ignoring me right now?

I've come to the Cho's Chows first thing in the morning for some Korean breakfast. Well, also for a Korean girl. However, the only person I've been able to talk to so far is Emma, who welcomed me in and offered to take my order until I told her I needed a moment. It's hard to pick something without Bailey's recommendation like last time. Why can't she come out already?

"Hey, Emma," I call out.

"Yeah?" she replies. "You ready to order?"

I wave my hand for her to come closer. I whisper, "Actually, um...Can you get Bailey for me?" I feel embarrassed already.

Emma smirks. "Ah, but a serving of Bailey is not on the menu, dear sir."

I'm blushing at the thought of what a serving of Bailey would be like. "Sh-Shut up! Just get her for me. I need to talk to her."

"Alright, but I'm charging you extra." Emma walks into the kitchen and says in the loudest voice possibly, "Bae, Caleb wants to ogle all over you!"

"What is this ogle?!"

I gulp at the sound of Bailey's father's voice. He comes out with fury radiating from his wrinkled face. I'm relieved he stays by the kitchen entrance.

In a small voice, I greet, "Um, hello..."

"You, Caleb boy," he starts threateningly. "You try to ogle my precious daughter in your car or somewhere, and you won't be ogling for rest of your life!"

Bailey rushes out in shock. She takes one look at me and her eyes widen even further. "Dad, please be quiet!"

She pushes him back into the kitchen, yet I still hear him clearly as he shouts, "But what is this ogle, Bailey? Is it what you youngsters call penetrative sex—"

"No!" Bailey returns out in panic. Her face is pink and flustered. She turns her head around the room, and when it's evident I'm the only customer around, she decides to carefully approach me. "I am so sorry about my dad. His English isn't the best..."

"No worries." I let out a laugh containing a small dose of fear but mostly joy. Bailey is finally here. That's all that matters. "Could you sit with me for a bit?"

"Um..." She rests a hand on the chair across from me, pausing for a moment in thought. Eventually deciding to sit down, she quietly replies, "Okay. Just for a bit."

I use this chance to pull out the small package I've been keeping on the seat next to mine. "Bailey, here. I wanted to give you this."

She takes the box in total surprise. "Green tea?"

I nervously run a hand through my hair. "I, um, overheard it's your favorite. Joel actually brought it back from Japan when he visited recently."

"Thank you so much. You didn't have to..." She smiles shyly, unable to take her eyes off of my small gift.