Epilogue

Hello, SAL(샐) here! Forty chapters later, and we've finally made it. The end.

Thank you so much for all the reads and love. 

For those who may not have known, this is the second time I've completed DTTN. The first/original version was written back in 2016 when it hadn't even been a year since I started my writing journey.

I got into novel writing pretty late. Like last year of high school late. I'm always amazed to see people who are able to say they've been writing all their lives. I, on the other hand, used to hate reading and writing when I was little. It wasn't until I hit my mid-teens that writing really started to become an outlet for me to express myself.

Okay. Before I get off topic, the reason I wanted to do a DTTN rewrite was because I felt the original love story between Bailey and Caleb progressed way too fast at the end without enough legitimization for the rush. Let's just say, I struggled and still struggle the most with pacing. Not to mention, the original version almost entirely focused on Bailey's perspective, so I wanted Caleb to have more of his own voice in the story as well.

While I am more satisfied with this version than the older one, it isn't to say I'm 100% happy about how everything turned out. One thing I regret is not being able to give more time for Emma and Ethan's love story to blossom. I even had a few things planned out for them that unfortunately never made the cut.

And that is why we have this extra chapter.

Cue the deleted scenes.

. . .

(All in Bailey's POV.)

Deleted Scene #1

"Ah, how can one guy be this perfect?" Emma sighs, admiring a picture of Roy on her phone.

I feel Ethan staring in our direction from the kitchen and gently nudge Emma. "Um, but Ethan's really great, too."

She has no idea we're being watched. "Well, yeah. He is, but he just doesn't have the same kind of charm as Roy."

"And what charm would that be?" Ethan says, speeding in our direction.

I send him an apologetic look on behalf of my oblivious friend, before taking a step back to let the newly formed couple figure things out for themselves. I return to cleaning the tables, though my eyes and ears are still open on their conversation.

Emma stares at Ethan and then back at her picture of Roy. She takes a moment to think but ultimately shakes her head in silence.

"What?" Ethan asks. When he can no longer wait for her answer, he takes her phone and makes the comparison himself. "Is it the tattoos and piercings? Or the fact that he's a drummer? Or—"

"No, it's not that." Her eyes widen at a revelation. "You're not dirty enough!"

Ethan narrows his eyes at her, almost as if he's taken offense. "In what context, babe? Because I can be as filthy as you want me to be!"

"I'll keep that in mind," Emma says with a smirk. "But what I actually mean is that you're too clean-shaven. I'd like my man to have a bit more facial hair to him. I think you'd look pretty sexy with a beard. Just saying."

"...I'll keep that in mind."

The next day, Ethan comes to work for the first time ever with a bit of a stubble. I try not to notice it, but he soon catches me staring at his face for a bit too long.