Chapter 24

I began to wake up and could hear birds chirping from outside as though they were right beside me. I slowly opened my eyes and was frowning as I saw everything around me more clearly than I did before. I took a deep breath and slowly began to sit up, when I looked down at myself. My frown deepened into confusion when I saw that I was dressed in a white nightgown.

I averted my eyes quickly back to the bedroom that I was in and felt my panic begin to rise as I didn't recognize anything in here. The bedroom door slowly opened, my eyes darted towards that direction and I breathed out in relief when I realized that it was Chloe who was peeking her head inside. "Scar, thank godess!" She cried out as she ran over to me for a hug.

I hugged her back but froze when I could hear her pulse beating, calling out to me. I shoved her away as I felt fangs protruding from my gums and covered my mouth with a sob. "Stay back Chloe!" I yelled out to her. Chloe looked hurt, until a look of realization came across her face. "Scarlette." She whispered as she slowly came closer.

I put my hands up to tell her no, but she was stubborn. Chloe walked back to me as though she wanted to hug me again, but I was confused and afraid. I could hear her pulse loud and clear and a strong feeling of hunger hit me like a freight train. Before I knew what was happening, I grabbed Chloe and yanked her to me and sunk my fangs into her neck.

Chloe screamed out in terror and pain as I groaned against her skin. Her blood tasted so good and I couldn't get enough. Mitch and Jareth practically flew into the room, Mitch grabbed Chloe from my grip and Jareth pinned my arms around my back. Chloe was sobbing hysterically into Mitch's chest as he looked at me in horror. I growled angrily and then stopped.

Realization hit me then, I looked at Chloe's neck and saw the angry bruising already forming around my fang Mark's. Dread filled me and I would've sunken to my knees if Jareth wasn't holding me up. "I'm so sorry Chloe!" I cried out. "What is happening to me?" I screamed as Jareth spun me around to face him.

I felt my tears running down my face, and screamed again when I saw that they were blood tears

I felt my tears running down my face, and screamed again when I saw that they were blood tears. My heart felt like it was going to race out of my chest when Jareth gripped my chin and made me look into his eyes. "Shhhhh." He whispered soothingly. I couldn't explain why or how, but I felt myself calming down immensely as I stared into his eyes. "Leave us." He ordered Mitch and Chloe. I heard them leave the room and shut the door behind them.

"Jareth, what is happening to me?" I asked him as he took my hand and led me to the bed. I sat down as he gestured for me to do so. He stared at me, almost pained.

"What all do you remember?" He asked me quietly, searching my eyes

"What all do you remember?" He asked me quietly, searching my eyes. I thought about it, and gasped in pain as the memories came flooding back. Leaving our packhouse. Chloe's apartment. The books. The sudden pains. Screaming for help. Chloe and Mitch finding me. Walking in on Jax and Margo having sex in our bed. Attacking Margo. Jax attacking me.

"Oh godess." I cried out in agony. "He cheated on me and tried to kill me!" I sobbed as Jareth took me into his arms. I felt as though my heart was shattered beyond repair. How could Jax do this to me? How could he cheat on me and try to kill me. My body froze when I repeated that last part to myself inside my head.

"Jareth? Did I die?" I asked him quietly and slowly pulled my head back so that I could look up at him. Jareth closed his eyes as if he was in pain and slowly took a step back. "Yes." He said carefully as he opened his eyes back up and stared at me as though he was afraid I would lose my mind.

I shuddered and took a deep breath. It was all starting to make sense. The sounds being louder, my vision clearer, my hunger for Chloe's blood. I felt my panic creeping back in as I looked back into Jareth's eyes. "Am I a vamp?" I shakily asked him almost in a whisper. Jareth waited a moment and then nodded his head slowly.

I screamed again, my hands shooting up to my hair. I felt like I was going insane. The bed began to shake underneath me, but I didn't care. I was filled with heartache, pain, and  betrayal. I could distantly hear Jarety trying to calm me over my screams but it was no use. I heard the rush of footsteps enter the bedroom but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered now. I screamed aloud in anguish again, this time hearing the sound of glass breaking as the windows shattered.

My world went black after hearing Chloe murmuring something under her breath. I felt as though I was locked away in a nightmare and that I would never wake up. I let myself drift off into the blackness. The feeling of numbness settled in and I gave into it. The pain was too much to bear.