Chapter 9

I haven't been to one of these gatherings in years. I wasn't planning on coming to this one either, but after Chloe's random phone call, I decided to come see what all the fuss was about concerning this mystery girl. I smoothed my hands down the front of my gown and stepped into the ballroom.

I felt eyes on me, which was nothing new

I felt eyes on me, which was nothing new. I was on a mission though, looking for one specific familiar face. My eyes locked in on him, Jax. As I walked through the groups of vamps, I narrowed my eyes when I saw a beautiful brunette being approached by Jax on the dance floor. His eyes roamed her body in a hungry way. He never even looked at me that way when we were hooking up.

I stalked up to Jareth, my brother. We weren't biologically related but we shared the same maker. "Sister. What brings you here?" Jareth asked me with a smile as he hugged me. "Mere curiosity dear brother." I answered him as his eyes followed mine to the dance floor where Jax was now dancing with that wretched woman. "Don't start trouble tonight my dearest Margo." Jareth warned me as he blocked my view with his body.

"I wouldn't dream of it." I said with an evil laugh. I patted his shoulder and walked to the other side of the ballroom where I watched them. The music changed and I glared in their direction as I watched Jax pull his woman back to him to dance some more. Before I knew it they were in a heated kiss that made my blood boil. Who did this tramp think she was?

I busied myself with a rather boring warlock to keep myself from causing a scene. I needed to stay focused on my plan and not allow them to set me off. I pulled away from the grabby handed warlock to his dismay and stalked the brunette and Chloe into the restroom.

"So you and Jax?" I overheard Chloe saying to the tramp. I internally gagged. Jax was mine. She didn't stand a chance. I knew Jax didn't think that I was his true mate. I didn't care about specifics. I wanted him and that's all that mattered.

I took a deep breath and pushed the bathroom door open and made eye contact with the brunette, who was looking at me with awe. That's right bitch, I thought to myself proudly.

"Chloe darling." I called out to Chloe. Her eyes shot to mine through the mirror and I smirked as I watched her body instantly stiffen up.

"Margo." Chloe said my name almost as if itself was a warning. The brunette looked back forth between Chloe and myself with a confused expression. "What are you doing here?" Chloe asked me as she moved herself to stand next to her new friend. "It's a gathering darling. I've been coming to these long before you time." I watch her friend look at her confused once more.

Chloe's eyes glazed over, which meant she was mindlinking Mitch. I glanced back over at her friend who was staring back at me. "We haven't met, I'm Margo." I said to her as I held out my hand. She glanced down at my hand and looked back at Chloe who was glaring straight at me. "I'm Scarlette." She said back to me without shaking my hand. "Tell Jax I said hello and that I miss him." I told Scarlette with a wink. I watched a look of hurt in her face before she calmly replied, "Tell him yourself."

I was so focused on targeting Scarlette that I didn't hear or sense Jax and Mitch enter the bathroom. I could sense their anger radiating full blast now. My smile deepened. "Hello boys." I said as I turned around to face the alpha that I craved and his beta. Jax was looking at me as though he was ready to destroy me, I admit that I found it very sexy in a twisted way. "Get. Out. Now." Jax told me with his alpha tone through gritted teeth. I felt a pang of hurt briefly but pushed it aside and slowly sauntered out of the bathroom, whispering in Jax's ear "You know deep down you miss me too."