Chapter 2

"Jax! I have some news for ya." My Beta and best friend Mitch announced as he walked into our pack house gym. I groaned and set down the weights, grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat off of my neck and face. "I swear if this is about our pack members whispering about not having a Luna yet again!" I growled as Mitch rolled his eyes and smirked at me. He is lucky that he's my best friend, anyone else would have been thrown across the gym for not showing me respect. "No, I have actual news for you this time, we seem to have a new face in town." Mitch said as if this was the most interesting thing in the world. "This is news why?" I asked already bored, walking over to the treadmill. "At first I thought the same thing, but being nosey decided to look into her and I couldn't find anything." Mitch said with a serious tone.

Huh. That is strange. Mitch is the best at digging up information on anyone. I thought to myself as I turned the treadmill back off.

"Well it looks like I will have to introduce myself to this mystery woman." I said as headed out of the gym.

Mitch's phone started ringing, I could hear him answer as I walked to my bedroom. "Hey Chloe, what's up babe?" Chloe is Mitch's mate, but she isn't a were like us, she's a witch.

I tuned out his conversation and focused on getting dressed and how to deal with this mystery girl. I'm the alpha of one of the biggest packs in America, The Blueridge Pack. This is a small town that we protect, so having someone with no past to be known of raises a few red flags for me.

I finished up with putting on my steel toed boots and grabbed my leather jacket off the top of my bedroom door and heard Mitch asking Chloe if she was sure about something. I raised my right eyebrow at him to see if he was coming with me when he put his finger up at me telling me to wait. I swear he really pushes his luck sometimes. I thought to myself.

Mitch put Chloe on speakerphone and told her to tell me what she was telling him. "Jax? The new girl moved into my apartment building." Chloe said, sounding almost nervous. Which was weird because Chloe was a badass witch who didn't take shit from anyone. "Well that makes finding her easier." I told Mitch with a smug smirk. "That's not all Jax. I'm pretty sure she's a witch. We accidentally bumped into each other today and I felt it when we did. What's weird though, is that she didn't seem to notice at all." Chloe explained. Mitch looked at me with a confused expression. I honestly didn't know what to say. "How could she not notice Chloe?" I asked her while trying to make sense of this. "I don't know Jax, unless she doesn't know she is a witch herself, which makes no sense." Chloe said sounding just as confused as we felt. "Well it looks like we're going to have to find out then." I growled, not liking how this was going. It was bad enough that she was hiding something, now she's a mystery witch too.

"Meet me at the cafe', she mentioned that she was going to get groceries and it's across the street from there." Chloe told us, I could hear the bell on the cafe' door ring in the background. Sounds like she's already there. "On our way." Mitch told her as he hung up his phone.

"What are you thinking man?" Mitch asked me as we walked out the front door. "I have no idea." I told him as I frowned. What could I possibly think? The only way to figure this out was to ask the new witch herself. I could see the sign for the cafe' up ahead and turned my head to look towards the produce store. I tried making out an unfamiliar face but I couldn't. Mitch led the way into the cafe' so he could greet his mate. I lit a cigarette and stood out front, my eyes never moving from the store.