8__"Fall in love with wrong people"

Everyone entered in the hall, admired the arrangements, mirrors were spread around the hall, the bright yellow and white lights, vases filled with fresh flower and specially the ice bar and food court.
Izad was greeting some old friends were Zafar pulled him to the side.

" So you went through my invitation list. " Zafar accused. Izad eyes held confusion. " Who invited, Rayna here?" Izad shrugged his shoulders and Zafar in return got more pissed.

"How am I supposed to know that, it was your job. " he didn't seem bothered.

"Well, maybe someone who's always stick to me."

"Are you accusing me?" Izad's voice got a bit harsh. Zafar knew he isn't gonna give up.

"Fine, I'll ask Fatima then." Izad wasn't able to stop as Zafar rushed towards Fatima. He was just behind him, and Rayna wasn't around his vision. Fatima got herself a drink as Zafar came in front of her, and she greeted him cheerfully.

"Thank god, you are here. You know I was so busy I forgot to call you." Zafar said, as Izad nudged him, but he wrapped his hand around Izad's shoulder instead. "so I told Izad to call you personally. "

"That's why he called, even I was shocked when he personally invited." Fatima jocked, as Zafar passed him a deadly glare.

"I only invited her" Izad whispered to him, as Fatima looked at them quizzically.

"Btw, Izad as you said, I got Rayna here, hope you'll two sort everything." Fatima excused herself from there as she saw Arham alone. Zafar's hand itched to throw a punch at his face, but all he could do was lightly push him aside.

Izad was greeting some old friends, when his eyes caught Rayna sitting in the corner, alone, on a capsule shaped white sofa. He felt himself shook, although he knew she was here. Her thumb constantly moving around her palm, counting , black hair curled and spread on her back, convered in a threaded navy blue gown, she pushed her gold coloured embroided shawl on her shoulder as it slipped a bit. Rayna turned her face as her eyes met his hazel ones.

He ambled towards her, in his fitted blue suit with a white shirt underneath, a foreign black tie Rayna noticed today, but it wasn't something that itched her eyes. "sneaker? " she poitned to his black sneaker that has white soul. Izad looked at his feet, his faced a bit embaraced.

"Um.. " he fumbled a bit. " Yea. I got ready at Zafar's place and forgot my shoes." Izad explained as Rayna nodded.

"You should have wear his. " she suggested.

" His, shoes are slightly big for me." Rayna again nodded, and started looking around the mirror decor.
"Does it look that bad. " his voice more like a whisper. Rayna shook her head in return. It's fine she said. " It should be, I already spend hours roaming in these." Izad left a chuckle as Rayna smiled. It's been ages since she smiled like that.

Izad saw Zafar, approaching stage, he followed him and Rayna just looked him walking away, it wasn't the first time he abandoned her like that, and it wasn't the first time she felt a sharp pain in her chest.
Rayna eyes roamed around to find Fatima, when she recognised some people from college. They were chatting and having a healthy conversation when Zafar's voice grabbed everyone's attention. He greeted everyone, and was probably giving a speech about Izad and his friendship, after a few minutes he took a pause " I'm glad to announce that my brother here got engaged a few weeks back" Rayna felt blood rushing to her ears, cheering of crowd got hushed. Her gaze immediately caught Fatima's more like accusing her of hiding.