Noise And Silence ✓

XXXTENTACIONMOONLIGHT
°~•~°

"morning jogs switches on your energy." Vinaysheel Mishna
°• f i f t e e n •°
°•°~†~°•°

The 21st of May, Year 2020.

     Early in the morning, Alexa is alone in the training room, doing laps around the perimetre. The mirrored walls reflect her every movement in doubles, bouncing off each other. She runs around on the sectioned matted floor, barely breaking a sweat in the cool air of the room; her straight black hair trails behind her in a long bundle of knots. She wears a black tank top and black shorts, basically what she woke up in, and her feet are bare, but noiseless against the mat.

     Alexa isn't the only early riser.

     Phillip has been doing this as a habit ever since his arrival here: jogging every morning in the studio before anyone wakes up. He needs an alarm or reminder for that and this morning he snoozed it for ten minutes more.

     On the other hand, Alexa wakes up around five everyday, getting out of bed as if it's normal. She'd pace around her room aimlessly, thinking about what to do with her time and today, she chose to go on a morning run. Perhaps she'll start doing this every morning too, rather than doing nothing.

     Step after step, Phillip carries himself to the training room. Alexa hits his hearing range, but her breathing is too calm and her feet, too silent for him to take notice of. When his silhouette appears at the doorway, she halts quickly, staring as he walks in with his eyes closed. He listens for movement, but it's silent, so he heads straight to the bathroom to wash his face and change. Soon, he's out and shirtless, clutching a water bottle in his right hand, towel in the left. Alexa isn't phased by his physique, but she does blink, twice, at the sixteen year old who is yet to realize she's there.

     "Phillipeño." She states and he flinches ever so slightly, dropping the bottle and turning his head in her direction.

     "What are you doing here?" He asks when he takes note of her form.

     "Same reason why you're here."

     "I didn't hear you come in." He says, stooping to pick up his source of hydration.

     She speaks monotonously, "I was here first. I saw you come in."

     "Oh." It goes silent again and she proceeds to start running.

     Phillipeño is still on edge, because he can't figure her out. She's so quiet and he fears she'll lash out at any given moment once triggered. If she's doing something right now, he has no idea, unless. . .he trudges onto the mat and puts his bottle to the side loudly, getting only a glimpse from the sudden sound, as she materializes at his left, disappearing by the time she dashes behind him.

     "I know what you're doing." She pants, appearing before him.

     He jumps and takes an abrupt step back. "W-What?" He gulps, heart skyrocketing.

     "You can see me."

     "I'm blind." He deadpans.

     "But, you can still see."

     Disgruntled, Phillip goes around her and she turns, facing his back. "How would you know?"

     "You're not quite subtle with the noise you make." She rolls her eyes, feeling heat cloud her face and neck as she breathes. "And, I'm not stupid."

     He chuckles lowly, fiddling with the bottle he retrieved from the ground. Taking a huge swig in boredom, he tells her, "You're stupid for not putting your hair up. You're going to get a heat-rash."

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one