A First For Everything ✓

°• trigger warning •°
°~•~°

•°•
"everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality."-Robin Sharma
°• f i f t y •°
°•°†°•°
°

"-Robin Sharma°• f i f t y •°°•°†°•°°

April 26, 2024

The empty school is once again filled with students. Daily, Alexa will pass by the studio, seeing herself and the others in the youngsters that are being trained. She'd stand by the entrance and watch Nobosklav train the class for hours a day and it doesn't go unnoticed that Petro is not involved. Doesn't anyone interest him? Or, does he just not care for any trouble this time? She starts to notice things she didn't notice before.

Phillipeño always said she received special treatment. He always said, "Petro seems to be into you more as his student, than anyone else." And, she has gotten proof of that. Everyone had to die first for her to realize...? Whenever she's unresponsive or lacking energy for a day, Petro would run to her aid and, recently, everyone dies in a bomb that wasn't noted of and he does nothing. What's so lovely about her, that Petro would be there for her and not them? What's so special...in this shell of a person?

She finds herself at his office door knocking. Her pale knuckles are a contrast against the dark wood.

"Enter." His voice comes out nonchalantly, but when he sees who has decided to grace him with their presence, his face lights up. "Alexa-"

"I have questions." She says flatly and he swallows involuntarily, then nods.

"Okay, close the door and ask away, child."

She does so, "What am I to you? Why did you bring me here?"

His eyebrows knitted together. "You were one of my students, now a graduate." He answers the first question slowly, half the truth. "I brought you here to find a purpose."

"You brought me here to give me a purpose." She corrects smoothly, slightly irking him.

"What is the meaning of this interrogation? Are you even okay after what happened?"

"If it was Phillipeño here, would you have asked him if he was okay? Would you have even tolerated him throwing questions at you?"

No. "Yes, I loved you all the same." Says he. She clenches her jaw from his obvious lie.

Being angry with this man will be a waste of time, because he will never stop lying and all Alexa wants to do is get the hell out of this place. She changes the subject drastically. "I'm an Elite now. I graduated. I want to go to highschool."

There's a pause and Petro looks down at his papers, shaking his head. He's wanted to get her mind away from that... Faye-ann didn't go to school. Alexa doesn't need to. "About that..." He begins.

"I want to go to school to further my education." She states and he ignores her.

"I was thinking you could work for me."

"I'd still be working for you."

"Full time." He tells her. "Work for me full time. The pay will be better."

This man... Her face twists into a scowl. Is he even listening to me? "Am I not a child?!" She asks aloud, raising her voice at him for the second time ever and knowing he, himself, calls her a 'child'. "A child goes to school. Not full time work. I want to go to school!"

"How does it make sense to send you to highschool when you'll only have a year?! You'll be out in no time!" He shoots back, although that's not close to what he wanted to tell her. With a glare, he collects his pride. "You do as I say-"

"A year is enough. Then, there's university, isn't there? I am free to be my own person, Petro, and I WILL. Go. To SCHOOL."

He stares in shock at the girl, for the first time not seeing her as his late daughter who'd normally do everything he says, but now as one of those stubborn, annoying kids he got rid of. Was his plan all for nothing? No! He clenches his fists. He won't let it go to waste. She can be whoever she wants to be, but she'll come crawling back later when she realizes that the world isn't all rainbows and ponies.

"You'll go to school." He agrees chillingly. "In fact, I'll get you registered."

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one