Infertility ✓

Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul & Anne Marie Rockabye
°~•~°

"the struggle is a part of the story." —Unknown
°• t w e n t y - n i n e •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

The 23rd of January, Year 2024.

     Petro is really busy. So busy that poor Micheal Frayer is out on errand after errand, doing the least important things that his employer has no time for. When Alexa had left his office earlier, he buried himself in business to stop himself from thinking about her growing incompliancy, and he manages to get a lot done. What he doesn't expect is to have the ultimately calm girl barging into his office, angrily.

     "Petro Moskal!" She shouts on the top of her lungs, slamming her hands on his paper-filled desk. Then, her bottom lip wobbles, her arms weaken and she suddenly sink to her knees, sobbing, "This is... Why are you so cruel?!"

     "What's wrong, child?" He asks, peeking over at her like she's gone crazy.

     "I get it, okay?! I'm sorry I was mad before, but I get it!" She cries, looking up at him. "I'm an assassin. Kids would be a distraction, right? But, you could've at least told me that you guys made me infertile. I know I was the last one you took in and I was late to start classes, but everyone else knew about it and I didn't."

     This is the first time Petro has been stunned. First in a long time, and to be honest, it's frightening to see Alexa bawl her eyes out. He wants to get her to stop as soon as possible. It seems so wrong.

     "Child, who told you this?" Petro questions the girl shakily with building frustration and she shakes her head, not wanting to be a tattletale.

     "Everyone was made infertile—!"

     "Except for you." He states blatantly, causing her to look up in surprise. "Do you remember anyone here doping you up to do such a thing?"

     "No..."

     "Alexa," he says, "if you were infertile, you would've known. We tell them before the procedure. You were just missing out on too much so yours was put off and we actually have a date set for you."

     She stands, not bothering to wipe her tears away. "Why now, after so long?"

     "My schedule is normally set a few months ahead, because I'm a very busy man and more important things keep popping up, so your date is always being pushed back."

     "O–oh... I'm sorry..." She apologizes quickly.

     Petro chuckles, speaking again, "Child, aren't my classes helping you enough to know that an infertile woman does not ovulate?"

     At that, she blushes hard, embarrassed at her stupidity. Katya tells her one thing, and jumps on it like she wasn't taught to not be impulsive.

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one