Snap It In Half ✓

Twenty-One PilotsStressed Out
°~•~°

"you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." —Unknown
°• s e v e n t e e n •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

The 20th of August, Year 2020.

     Flexibility.

     The body has to have great elasticity for better success as an assassin.

     Being young still at the age of thirteen, and very small in body, Alexa has astounding elasticity in her joints and without complications, she does every pose as instructed by the light projection on the wall. She goes down on her stomach, pressing her palms into the mat to raise her torso, head thrown back and neck bared. Her feet comes up and over her head, big toes tapping at her chin.

     Phillipeño turns to her in the dark, anxious at the thought of her snapping something she shouldn't, then he turns back to Petro, who is certainly amused. "You want me to do that?" He asks, flabbergasted, while Mr. Moskal nods smirking. The heavy fan in the far corner is on, casting enough sound for Phillip to draw his lines clearly. "I can't do that."

     "Don't say you can't before trying." Alexa whispers, now on her chest, elbows digging into the mat. Her lower body is in the air with her spine bending slowly as she lowers her feet over her head.

     "Shut up, you're young, I'm old."

     "You're seventeen."

     "I've grown out of all 'that' already." Phillip states, gesturing towards the odd angling of her body.

     "Phillipeño," Petro speaks up after watching the two banter, "you don't have to do that," the young boy pumps a fist, truly happy as the fear of snapping his back in half diminished, "but," Petro continues, lifting a finger to stop the child's excitement, "you have to learn something that'll support your fighting."

     "How about breakdancing...? That's fun!" He cheers, before adding, "Or–Or parkour!"

     Alexa, who is now sitting on her ass like a normal human being eyes him up, "What?" Petro leans in, also awaiting his response.

     "Breakdancing has some sick moves." Phillip explains, "So, after getting the hang of flicking and balancing, instead of that ballerina shit called yoga," Alexa frowns at that, knowing he's trying to throw gas on her flames, "I can learn parkour. I'll get out of high places and complicated settings without fault."

     He's making sense. Alexa looks at Petro who has a hand to his chin in thought. Phillip leans over to her and mumbles, "While you're twirling all over the place, I'll be the one running up walls. How cool is that?"

     "You're childish." She shoves him away.

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author after this for more works