Legends ✓

°• trigger warning •°
°~•~°

"anyone can take your life, but not what you believe in."—NF
°• t h i r t y - n i n e •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

The 8th of February, Year 2024.

     "Most people complain about neck pains, back pains or a pain of some sort that's affecting their physical health. They ask for pain killers or a diagnosis from doctors, but what they fail to recognize is that the mind and body is connected. You can be the healthiest person physically and still get aches, because of your mental/emotional state. Stress from a lot of things, depression and any continuous negative thought can cause fatigue, hypertension, joint pain, an upset stomach, headaches, etcetera. Just relax and acknowledge what you need to in your life. There's no need to worry about every little thing." Petro shakes his head as he explains to his two students what it means to be a professional. "Medicine will only help you temporarily, because it's not a physical condition as you thought, it's in your head. If you don't improve mentally, the pain will always come back. For this reason, I say, try to stay calm. No overthinking. No dramatic emotional breakdowns—"

     "Emotions are a part of our everyday life, sir." Phillipeño raises a hand, speaking without permission, "We can't just shut it off, that's just as bad."

     "I did not say shut it off." The short Russian man states flatly, slightly aggravated because of the interruption. "I mean you should put limits on them. In life, too little of something your body needs will harm you and too much is the same. Learn self-control."

     "Nothing is safe." Alexa mumbles, peeking at both of them. She clears her throat, a dead look in her eyes as she states aloud, "Everything, anything can kill you at anytime and you won't even know when, why or where."

     There's a heavy silence that travels with the creaking of the huge metal fan etched in the far corner of the studio. Phillipeño ponders on the words of his partner, while Petro looks at the girl with a bit of concern.

     "Facts." Phillip hums almost inaudibly after thinking about it.

     This reality makes him nervous, and most of all, it also bothers Petro who quickly snaps out of his thoughts to change the subject.

     "Alexa, today is your day. There's nothing else pushing back the process this time, so get yourself prepared. Go to the nurses' station after class. I'll be there shortly."

     Simply, she nods, "Okay."

     On cue, a mobile starts ringing in a hidden pocket of the man's grey blazer. He picks out the Apple device delicately, answering quickly at the caller's ID, while his two students dive into a deep conversation. Instinctively, his feet carry him outside and away from their chattering.

     "Any updates?" He inquires, getting down to business.

     They've been searching for Katya Sharpe for a week now.

     "Yessir, but nothing you'd like to hear." Alan Whittaker, the best of Nobosklav's class and third in the rankings, responds from the other line. "We still haven't found anything that can lead us to her. She just vanished, no tracks to trail, not even a strand of hair was found in her room. She cleaned up well."

     This is something Petro is not used to. In all his 25 years of running this secret institution, no one has ever ran away successfully.

'What's so special about this girl? Does she have connections? What the fuck is happening with these students?!' They are all very different from the previous ones. They're all showing talents of legends, while assassin's before had died quickly only leaving a few to become Elites. They're all rebellious and filled with attitude, while others before followed orders, even if it was to get themselves killed.

     Otherwise from Alexa, Katya is now the next special case, while Phillipeño has moved down to the third. This girl is making history.

     Petro swears before hanging up and turning to see his students fighting in harsh whispers. Well, Alexa is the only one cursing, while Phillip is quiet, glaring at her.

     "Why won't you answer me?!" She screams in silent rage.

     The boy's posture weakens and he looks away. That's when she pounces, pinning a dumbstruck Phillip to the matted floor, a death grip on his arms above his head. Her lips are on his fiercely and her hair curtains their faces from prying eyes.

     Petro was in momentary shock, before he collected himself and reversed.

     "O-oh—." he clears his throat quietly, glancing at the tiles, then at his shiny tipped, leather shoes.

     Then he walks away stiffly, wishing he had not seen that.

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one