Heartbeat ✓

BTSHeartbeat
°~•~°

"everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." —Confucius
°• t h i r t e e n •°
°•°•°†°•°•°

The 20th of May, Year 2020.

     Today is just not Phillipeño's day. When is it ever?

     Everyone is ahead of him in his class because he's slow and everyone is taking advantage of this, being rough for no good reason in their spar although it's just a simple practice. Of course he knows that in the real world he'll go through worse, but come on, there's a long way to go before they start sending out individuals on requests. This should be considered bullying.

     For the millionth time this evening, he becomes airborne before landing on his back. 'What just happened...?' He can't even tell what's happening anymore since he fell so many times, his head is spinning. He huffs, lying there for a while as his opponent switches, then he gets up, shaking out his feet and ready to go again.

     Despite all the crap, he's really trying and he has improved a lot; something Nobosklav fails to notice because he's always down on ruining someone's self-esteem. Luckily, Petro has eyes like a hawk's. He isn't any better than his brother, because he does have bad tendencies, but none are usually shown until the kids are all grown professionals. Petro is watching Phillip and pinching his chin indecisively. 'Should I take this boy, or not?'

     "Alexa." Her name is called.

     Phillipeño has heard a lot. Too much. This girl wouldn't be surprising if she claimed to have been to hell and back because of the shit he's heard she's been through, yet she came out with common sense most of these kids don't have. It's all rumours though: the trainees gossip a lot and he hears everything. Rumours are no good, but when you don't have eyes to see for yourself, there are some risks you have to take. Phillipeño is even more on edge as she approaches his mat. Who knows, she might be a little twisted, added to the fact that she's trained personally by Petro.

     'If everything is true, then, what the fuck are they creating? A weapon?'

     To his surprise, she isn't psychotic, sweet nor bitter. Her, up against him, should have been frightening, but Alexa swivels around him as they dilly-dally on the mat, at a delicate pace where he can match up. It's like she wants to see and show everyone that he has potential and at the same time, teach him with the way she kicks or slaps him whenever he makes a bad move. She's nothing like how they describe her... 'Nothing in comparison to what they said at all.'

     Her heart is beating at a steady pace. How abnormal.

     "Oh, look. The two deficientes are having a moment." Someone in the line up of students mock, but is severely ignored since everyone is serious and this isn't a normal school with normal people. Immaturity isn't tolerated in places like the underworld.

     Alexa sees that they've been at it for a while too long and she states in her natural whisper, "I'm going to knock you down now." And that she does, watching Phillipeño fall heavily in satisfaction before he can gather what she had mumbled him.

     Little does she know that she just flipped his whole world and the boy is gone that very moment, blinking up at the ceiling. His mind couldn't comprehend her unnaturally steady heartbeat and her whisper-like voice becomes repetitive in his young head.

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one