Bloody Murder ✓

Demi Lovato Heart Attack
°~•~°

"all that we do, all that we are, begins and ends with ourselves." —Arno Victor Dorian
°• t h i r t y - f o u r •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

The 30th of January, 2024.

     "Alessandro says you've done perfectly well and, because you don't have an account yet, your payment will be transferred to me."

     "My payment?"

     "Yes." Petro smiles a bit at her astonishment, looking up at her from his papers. "This was not a request done during exams and Alessandro personally assigned you to it, hence, the money is yours." He explains. "It's all up to you if you want to share it with your teammates."

     She blinks out of her state of confusion, feeling somewhat uncomfortable reviewing blood money. Before, it felt like child's play, following orders, but now, things have become more serious. It was always like this, she just seems to have been living a separate life for her saviour without thinking about the whole picture.

     She asks hesitantly, "When will I be getting an account for myself?"

     "After you graduate?"

     'This is really happening!' She thinks, pacing internally. Why has she never thought about this half of her training until now? Of course she's not just a puppet to follow the bid of her saviour, she's also an assassin and she and the others are probably being raised to bring in cash.

     A percentage of that money will also belong to them, the ones with the blood on their hands. Dirty money.

     "When is that?"

     "This April." Petro tells her, watching her count the remaining months on her fingers, before her eyes widen. She looks back up to him and he nods. "It's very close."

     'Dirty money, dirty money, you'll be getting dirty money! Paid killer! Psychopathic murderer! Criminal! Thief! Sinner! Gun slinger! Bloody money! You kill for bloody money!'

     After a minute, the moment passes and her eyes dim again. Graduation is just around the corner she's not too excited because what does graduating means? What comes afterwards?

     "Is that all?" She asks and the man nods, dismissing her.

     '...Ryan died when it's so close. His freedom. What if I had sent him to the party instead? What if I went to the party and had Katya on look out? Would she have done a swell job? Would Ryan be still alive...? And after everything, I receive bloody money. Money that's on the blood of those people I put down. Money that's on the blood of Ryan...'

     Alexa leaves his office and heads to her room where the things she bought online lays in a pile on the floor. She stares at it for a while, wishing she can stop thinking, but her mind is on a marathon. She wants a break. Everything is going to start pissing her off soon if she doesn't stop this.

     'Whew!' She exhales heavily, dropping herself in her couch.

     She gets flashbacks almost in an instant. Ryan and Katya's silliness a few days back; her once comfortable furniture suddenly becomes hazardous. She's about to snap, getting the urge to rip the thing to peaces, watching the material shred, spilling cotton everywhere, however, she doesn't get the time to venture into her moment of crazy relief, in light of the fact that Phillipeño barges into her room.