Vincent ✓

Sub Urban (feat. AURORA)PARAMOUR
°~•~°

"arrogance is an unhealthy ego in need of repair." —Thomas Faranda
°• t w e n t y - t h r e e •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

The 20th of January, Year 2024.

     Within the span of three years, a lot has changed within the foundation, especially the student body. The numbers have dwindled, a lot of them are scarred, they have matured into beautifully skilled beings and they've all partnered up into pairs.

     Vincent's curious eyes skim over all of them. He isn't awed, because he himself have experienced lessons like these, but he nods in observation, watching as they spar.

     There's a pair in the corner that catches his eyes. A boy; his eyes squeezing shut as he winces after being pushed down to the matted floor on his stomach, and a girl; pressing a hand into the back of his neck and twisting his left foot over her shoulder with the other, sits in his back. Phillipeño taps out harshly, biting back a remark of ignorance which makes Alexa laugh like a sadist.

     To say the least, although Alexa is still the same, she has loosened up, speaking up and being more expressive. For the past few days, being around Phillip again, he's still a bit chilly but anyone can tell she's worming her way effortlessly back into his heart.

     In Vincent's perspective, they seem quite comfortable with the idea of training to be killers. Adjusting his white collar beneath his black blazer, he trudges over. The two stiffen at the same time, getting to their feet with a sense of guard as they face the newcomer.

     The Guiseppe boy is intrigued. He wants entertainment. He needs to experience this to see if his intuition is correct. A pair of trainees, seemingly relaxed in this inescapable fate? They should be at the bottom of the class, right? The clowns of the school. Or, they are that good to not give a fuck.

     Vincent is cocky and his entitled behaviour chooses this very moment to peek. Also, we'll speak not of his endless stream of energy.

     "One of you, fight me." He says, stopping before them.

     The whole room is now distracted by this abrupt interaction.

     "And, you are?" Phillipeño grunts, slightly ticked. 'Look at this dude.'

     "A curious guest."

     "Curiosity killed the cat." Alexa states blandly, peering at him through her mop of black hair that now hangs loosely at her waist, becoming undone from her braid during practice.

     Vincent smirks, taking in her unusual appearance. "Satisfaction brought it back."

     "Not in this case. Kitty." She lets the pet-name slip purposefully as she observes the gleam of his rare eyes.

     'Kitty?' A viscous grin spreads across Vincent's face. His hands move along the buttons of his blazer, then his white undershirt, before he shrugs both of them off, revealing a well defined physique. "Are you the one who's going to fight me, sweetheart."

     "Meow." Phillipeño mocks turning away briefly.

     They both glance at him in silence before proceeding with their jeering at each other.

     Alexa takes her hair in one and coils it into a messy bun. "Let's." She says simply and, for a second, he lost his breath at the intensity of her miscoloured eyes.

     Phillipeño refrained from uttering another word, taking note of the unintentional flirting between this random ass guy and his partner. He huffs through his noes, backing up to give them space and to be ignorant again towards the numbing feeling inside his chest.

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one