Ku Klux Klan ✓

°• trigger warning •°
°~•~°

•°•
"timing is everything. when you're ready for it, it will come."-thegoodvibe.co
°• f o r t y - s i x •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

April 1, 2024

"The mission is simple." Petro begins, bringing up his ancient computer that Micheal Frayer rolled in. "Target; a group of terrorists. Location; the abandoned church in Willow Dale. There are around fifty members and at the given time, they'll all be underground doing rituals." He reads the vague bio of the caller. "It's tagged red."

Eleven figures stand before him in silence, dressed in black cloaks and black boots like little grim reapers. Alexa flexes her knuckles that are wrapped in black leather gloves. Phillip looks at her for a good second, already planning to go wherever she goes.

"Alexa!" Petro shouts. "You lead. Phillipeño and Alan, co-lead. The rest, follow their orders. Chop-chop, let's go!" He claps heavily.

In an instant, their phones that are hitched to their utility belts beneath their cloaks light up with a GPS which Micheal successfully sent to them. Petro nods at the frail man approvingly, then presses an installed red key on the keyboard of the computer. The series of floor length mirrors that decorate the walls of the training room rotates to reveal weapons. A few find the time to gape and stare in surprise, while others dive in.

• • •

Sprinting in the shadows at night without making a sound is not something everyone can do and Alexa, who's leading the pack, checks her GPS and the area, before speaking into her earpiece.

"Phillip, you and Alan hold back the rest. I'm going up ahead to stake out."

"Copy that." He responds monotonously, then notifies Alan.

People are already filing into the church when she arrives there, observing from yards away behind bushes. The terrorists move in an organized line, holding whatever props they've carried for the ritual. They are covered from head to toe in white: wearing pointy headed cloth-bags over their heads, with small holes for their eyes and a long white tunic, with a red circle and white cross on the left of their chest; a red string for a belt. Why didn't Petro just state that the caller requested them to take out a KKK group?

Alexa rolls her eyes.

The Ku Klux Klan is the most infamous-and oldest-of American hate groups. Although black Americans have typically been their primary target, they also attack Jews, immigrants, gays, lesbians and until recently, Catholics-she recalls from her earlier lessons with Petro.

Once they've all disappeared into the old church, she waits for another thirty minutes with Alan checking up on her because she's been so quiet, then she says, "No one else is coming. Move forward." And, she starts running across the open field towards the shelter. "Stay clear of the door, it's open."

Panting, she stops beside the open threshold and peeks in, catching a glimpse of the backs of the chanting people.

After a series of hymns and prayers, the group starts going into the back where one of them throws open a trapdoor and they proceed to climb down. Alexa waits for all of them to enter and close the the door behind them, which will be their cue.

Then, she'll give the signal to begin their strategized attack.

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one

p.s. the information about the KKK groups were taken from a site on the internet.