Numb ✓

StarsetIt Has Begun
°~•~°
"the greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse." —Edmund Burke
°• p r o l o g u e •°
°•°•°†°•°•°

" —Edmund Burke°• p r o l o g u e •°°•°•°†°•°•°

The 4th of February, Year 2019.

     Young Alessia Sterling has existed for 12 years now. Never once has she lived and she's not expecting anything big to come her way today, just because it is her birthday. She doesn't care, just like the people living around her.

     The day she came to be... Is it all for nothing? Or, is this really her something? Her purpose? To be the little twat standing between her toxic mother and her mother's drug lord of a boyfriend.

     It's now daytime. Her room is in darkness, and through every crease it can find, sunlight forces it's way in, making streaks of light. On her back, she lies, sprawled out like the white paint at a murder scene. Announcing the awakening of her body, her breathing becomes uneven and her eyes roll back and forth beneath her eyelids.

     People say, everyone looks the most peaceful as they sleep, but Alessia sleeps like a rock, still throughout her dreamless nights until morning comes.

     Her eyes snap open, with an intense stare aimed at the dim white ceiling. 'Another day of existing...' She exhales heavily.

     With a grunt, she lifts herself upright, sitting with her palms pressing into the sheet behind her and feet stretching out before her. Her muscles cry at reminding her of some of the crazy shit her mother has had her participate in. Slowly, Alessia slips off the bed, joints cracking. Her head spins a little when she stands.

     Numb. She feels numb to the core. Even as she stumbles towards the bathroom and turns on the hot water without gauging. She barely feels the water itself, yet the shower fills with steam and the glass fogs up. She feels immune to pain with all the torture, all the humiliation and all the neglect that shadows her. They will forever taunt her in the back of her mind and she will never give them the reaction they want.

     She can't afford to lose to them. It's funny how they're looking forward to see her break, but to think that they can break something that's already been broken for years? Aren't they special.

     No matter, they all are still a painful reminder of the shit she has to keep up with.

     They? They who?

     The Gonzales Gang of Hispanic fools.

     "Alessia, get the fuck down here! The guys want to see you!" Screams the mother at the foot of the staircase.

     That's her cue of clownery. Quickly, she gets dressed and heads down the stairs. The guys litter the living room chatting animatedly, and in the midst of them all, he stands, stretching his broad shoulders and moaning in delight. He is the worst of them all.

     Sebastian.

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
p r o c e e d   w i t h   c a u t i o n

• read • vote • comment • share •
follow the author for more works after this one

• read • vote • comment • share •follow the author for more works after this one