Turning Point ✓

°• trigger warning •°
°~•~°

•°•
"life is always at some turning point."-Irwin Edman
°• e p i l o g u e •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

"-Irwin Edman°• e p i l o g u e •°°•°•°†°•°•°°

Aᴜɢᴜsᴛ 1. 2024.

Alexa stands on the concrete vent on the roof, where she and Katya used to sit. She stands tall at the height of 5'8 and she stretches both her arms up above her head, touching the sky. The wind is high and picks up her newly cut hair, back to her childhood bob-cut and though her bangs are still covering her eyes, it's trimmed neatly.

She had just gotten back from a summer mission, dressed up in a thick, black leather bodysuit and heavy, black Timberland boots. Instead of a pistol, she has twin Glocks chilling in gun holsters on her waist-one on each side of her belt-and across her back, a huge case is slung, containing a heavy duty sniper and a katana.

Ever since she changed weapons and dropped the cloak, she's been like air on her feet, better in the shadows and a ghost at night. Over the first month of the holidays, she's gained a bit of fame. No one knows what she looks like. The oldies say the phantom is back, referring to Petro's daughter. News Reports are on her everyday and investigators have no idea how to catch this killer. The kids at the institution admires her and it warms her heart a bit to see their smiles, but she knows it wouldn't last. A simple way to put it, is that Alexa has been doing better ever since she began doing things her way.

Death calls come in faster as news spreads in the underworld about the assassin who always gets the job done. Her bank account is skyrocketing and she has another job to do tomorrow night.

She tilts her chin up to the sky, staring at the moon and the stars. It's already midnight and the cold is prickling. Slowly, and randomly, she smiles, thinking about the only thing she's ever wanted; to go to school, which will be in September. She's done an exam to get in and she passed. She's excited, beyond happy, and by the end of this month, she'll buy her own apartment close to the school she's attending. She'll get herself a car and a motorcycle, probably a pet dog. She'll go to class everyday and learn new things, finally entering an institution otherwise from Petro's, without the aim of killing someone.

Big dreams, big times. She's finally happy being her own person, as much as she misses her blind partner...whom she probably loved.

Poor, sweet, Alexa...doesn't know the troubles highschool brings to the life of a teenager, but it's all to teach her more about life and how to fight battles instead of accepting everything the way it is or pushing it aside. She said she'll make her own path, this can be her little reminder to go through instead of around. She'll realize that although she thinks positively about getting along the road to maturity, things won't always go smoothly, especially with a crowd of teenagers from many different backgrounds.

Judgement. Judgement. Judgement. People who think they are better than others. Drama. Drama. Drama.

Positivity is good, but it's better when prepared for what's to come. Alexa is not prepared. She'll receive the shock of her life. There'll be bumpy roads. She'll falter and who's to know if she'll rise again?

It'll all unfold in time: hot guys and hormones, bullies and glass doors, homework and beds, roses and metal trays, guns and violence, anger and confusion, hatred and pussies, straight A's, pranks and group assignments-it'll all unfold in time.

This is her turning point.

•°•

°•°
The End
• p r e p a r e f o r b o o k t w o •
"MOSKAL"
by: Athelina De'Bear

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one

read • vote • comment • sharefollow the author for more works after this one

p.s. I'm all smiles right now. Who cares-anyway, you have any questions? Ask away. Any concerns? Speak your mind. Any criticism? I'll take it. (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

 (。•̀ᴗ-)✧