Special ✓*

°• trigger warning •°
°~•~°

"life is fair. there are just some unfair people in it."-Kaylea Chidester
°• f o r t y - t w o •°
°•°•°†°•°•°
°

The 8th of February, Year 2024.

     "He gave you ice-cream?!" Phillipeño asks incredulously, staring down bewildered at the cup of frozen treat in Alexa's grasp. He's unable to tell what kind of sorcery she's using on the man, but he's sure it's hella strong for Petro Moskal to get the girl ICE-CREAM! A man like that doesn't just buy any random person a treat. "What are you to him?"

     The whole time, Alexa sucks on her white, plastic spoon, watching Phillipeño in silence. The last question causes her to blink twice, "Kgwuak?" She frowns with the eating tool still hanging from her lips. What?

     "I've noticed this for a while now..." He trails, thinking. He then speaks up for only her to hear, "He treats you differently from the rest of us."

     "Uhss?" She pulls the spoon out in question and sticks it in her cup, peering up at the 19 year old boy. "Phillip, we are partners. Why are you grouping yourself with the others-?"

     He steps up to her, straining to keep his voice low. "Because, that's how I feel as his other student...left out. He's given you the best calls at every exam and, without a doubt, he'll always choose you for everything that's considered 'important'." He puts bunny ears on the last word in exaggeration.

     She understands what he's trying to say and looks back on recent times for confirmation. Phillip will have to be more specific, because she doesn't see any special treatment. What she sees is a Right for someone with the top grades and skills. It's only a bonus that Petro trusts her and she doesn't think of it as special.

     "I don't know...I don't see anything wrong with that." She tells him.

     He shakes his head to dismiss the conversation as they enter her room and she closes the door behind them. He turns to her all of a sudden, reading her as much as he can. All he sees is the perfect assassin, giving in to her sweet tooth with a treat. She eats eagerly, like she's never had ice-cream before.

      "How do you feel about today?" He asks, referring to her infertility.

     "Perfectly fine."

     Phillipeño's eyebrows shoot upwards, before he convinces himself he hadn't heard her properly. He speaks again, slowing his speech for her sugar induced braincells, "Lexy, you can't have children."

     "I don't want any." Says she, gobbling down a spoonful of cookies and cream.

     "Why? Kids are a blessing..."

     Her posture stiffens and she lets out a far away breath, dropping her arms. With hardened eyes and the light reflecting on her hollowness, she tilts her head to the side, staring at the boy through thick lashes. "I wasn't treated like one."

     Phillipeño pulls her against his hard chest into a warm embrace. So, warm, her features that were like stone seconds ago turns to pudding in his arms. A hand pats down her loose, unkept hair and he hums, "Let's sleep, okay? I wont leave like last time."

     He still hasn't told her his reasons, but right now, she rathers his warmth than his cold shoulder.

     "Okay."

•°•

°•°
After This Chapter
• p r o c e e d w i t h c a u t i o n •

read • vote • comment • share
follow the author for more works after this one