four

Before you could even register what came out of Oikawa'a mouth, he started talking again.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! That was a bad way to word that! Let me retry!" Oikawa was clearly shaking, you could feel it since you were still sharing the blankets. You heard him sharply exhale before he spoke up once again.

"I think I'm going to love you. Right now, I know I like you, but I really think in the future I'm going to actually love you." His words were rushed, still slightly quiet, very evidently nervous.

You could tell why, he kind of (?) confessed his love for you, and you just sat there like an idiot staring at him. Words wouldn't come out of your mouth. You couldn't say anything, no matter how hard you tried. Oikawa was having the opposite problem, he simply would not shut up.

"I'm really sorry L/N. You don't have to reply, but I hope this doesn't effect our friendship-"

"Stop." That was the only word you could manage to get out. Wether that was because you still couldn't get over the shock, or from you not being able to talk because Oikawa wasn't giving you very many chances.

"Stop? Stop what?" Oikawa finally stopped rambling.

"Stop talking." You said with a sigh.

"O-Oh." Oikawa's hands were shaking a lot by now. You could hear his fingertips hitting against his knees. Reaching a hand out, you placed it on top of his and stopped the shaking, just like you did with his knee hours before.

"What did I say about the bouncing? I'm never gonna love a rabbit Oikawa." You tried your hardest not to laugh, but a small giggle escaped.

Removing your hand and using it to pull your knees closer in, you took a deep breath. "I don't think I have feelings for you yet, but I'd be lying if I said my heart isn't racing right now being so close. You definitely have a chance, I just don't want to rush it." Finishing your sentence you leaned over and put your head on his shoulder. "Now, be quiet and look at the stars with me."

"Your such a strange person you know that L/N? I just half confessed to you, and you told me to look at the stars." His voice was smooth, calming even.

"Yea.. makes me think I should be up there with them. I am an alien after all."

"Don't talk like that L/N. I know you feel out of place here. I know you won't interfere with other people's friend groups because you don't want to intrude, but you aren't alone. And plus, even if you are an alien, I've always thought they were cooler than real people anyway. Now, be quiet and look at the stars with me."

Laughing at his comment, you pressed your head harder into his shoulder for a second before standing up.

"I should really get going, it's getting late." Dusting off your pants, you grabbed the bag you brought the snacks in and put it on your back, and began walking to the trees.

"At least let me walk you home?" Oikawa followed you, standing up and folding the blankets you two were using.

"I'll be fine Oikawa. You have practice in the morning you need to get home and go to sleep." After reaching the tree line, you turned around and waited for Oikawa to catch up with you.
"But, you can walk me out of the park."

Oikawa quickened his pace and eventually caught up with you, dropping a blanket around your shoulders when he reached you.