Hair loss

Cameron

I walked into the dispensary and asked for Denny. An employee walked over to a guy who was placing items in a bag.

"Can I help you?" A guy asked me, walking to the counter.

"Are you Denny?" I asked, looking at the guy behind the counter.

"Yeah, Cruz sent me," I answered.

"Say no more," the guy told me. Okay, that was weird. I didn't even say to the guy what I needed. He returned a few minutes later with two bags, placing them on the counter.

"What is this?" I asked, pointing to the bags.

"They're edibles. Some people prefer not to smoke. It should help with the effects of the chemo. It surprises me that Cruz needs them since su thought Vincent was in remission," Denny mentioned.

"What do you mean, remission?" I questioned.

"Cruz came in to pick up edibles for Vincent frequently. He said it helped with the side effects of chemo," Denny answered.

Dad told me Vincent went through treatments but didn't elaborate on what the procedures were or the fact he had cancer.

"Could we keep this on the down-low? I think Mr. Powers would approve of people discussing him," I mentioned to Denny.

"Yeah, sure," Denny told me. "I will charge the account."

I nodded as Denny put the baggies into a paper bag and handed it to me. I took it and went back to the beach house. I figure the next time Valeria eats; I will give her part of an edible to help with her appetite.

I returned and went to check on Valeria. As I reached the top of the stairs, I heard her getting sick. I went into the bathroom to see Valeria hugging the toilet. I did what I do best; I helped her.

*******
Valeria

I flushed the toilet and sat down on the floor. Cameron is walked over and knelt in front of me, cleaning me up.

"Why are you nice to me?" I asked, looking at Cameron.

"Call it a moment of insanity," Cameron teased.

I moved my hand and noticed hair in my palm. I stared at it.

"I'm losing my hair," I whispered as tears fell down my cheeks. "God hates me. First, he took my breasts, and now, he's taking my hair." I sniffled. I reached up and pulled out some more. I know I shouldn't worry about appearances, but it felt like I was losing part of myself.

Cameron sat down in front of me. "Look at it this way, when your hair grows back, you can start fresh," he reasoned.

I started crying, holding my hair in my hands. "I can't do this," I cried.

"Hey, don't say that," Cameron said, moving next to me. He wrapped his arm around me as I leaned my head into his chest and cried. "You will fight, and I will help you." He rubbed my arm, comforting me.

"What if I'm weak?" I sniffled.

"You're not. You're the strongest person I know," Cameron assured me.

I sat there, nuzzling into Cameron. I didn't feel so alone now. We sat there for a while, then Cameron stood up and helped me up. He lifted me and carried me to bed. I felt so exhausted.

He laid me down on the bed. I laid there, knowing he would leave the room.

"Do you want me to stay?" Cameron offered.