All the ways

Valeria

My dad's doctor took over my case. I didn't care, considering I barely functioned. There were days; I tried not to go to treatment. That didn't work, considering Dad carried me to the car. Who has the strength to fight a man that can overpower you?

Mom let Dad handle taking me to my treatments. That left Dad unamused. I laid in the backseat as Dad sat next to me while Cruz drove.

On our way to the treatment center, I asked, "How's Cameron?"

"Cameron's good," Cruz answered, not looking at me.

"That's too bad. I hoped a car hit Cameron," I replied as Dad looked at me strangely. Yes, I was bitter at the moment.

"I'll make sure to mention that you miss him," Cruz said, looking confused.

"Yes, with every bullet, that no-good," I said as words spewed from my lips, stunning Dad.

"Valeria, that's not ladylike behavior," Dad mentioned.

"I don't care. I feel terrible, and Cameron should feel the same way," I huffed.

We arrived at the treatment center, and Dad helped me inside as they ushered me to the back. I sat in a chair as the nurse administered my IV. Dad sat next to me; then, I started ranting about Cameron. Dad looked at his phone while I ranted and raved.

I stopped and looked at Dad. "Are you listening?" I asked.

"Yes, Cameron is a jerk, an ass, some other words that I won't repeat it here," Dad answered, scrolling through his phone.

"Don't you agree with me?" I questioned.

"I agree. Your mom sent me a picture of your dress," Dad mentioned, showing me his phone.

"You're showing me a dress?" I asked, looking at my dad strangely.

"A woman needs to look her best at a wedding," Dad reasoned, smiling.

I didn't smile. I felt annoyed.

"Oh, cheer up, my little fighter," Dad teased, pinching my cheek. I slapped his hand away. What is wrong with my father? He acted like my anger was no big deal. I wanted him to cripple Cameron, he declined.

After my treatment, we returned home. My mood soured as I made my way to the bedroom. Dad walked into the kitchen as Mom looked at him.

"Valeria's a little miffed with Cameron," Dad mentioned.

"Do I want to know?" Mom asked.

"Our daughter requested that I break Cameron's," Dad said, stopping.

Mom's eyes widened, leaving her speechless.

"I have a meeting I need to attend. I'll return in a few hours," Dad mentioned, kissing Mom's cheek.

"That's fantastic, Vincent! Leave me with the shrew!" Mom yelled.

"That's our baby who you're calling a shrew!" Dad yelled back.

"Who's a mini version of her father!" Mom yelled.

"Threaten her with honey dust!" Dad yelled as Mom rolled her eyes.

********
Vincent

I left the house and walked towards the car. Cruz looked at me. "Not a word," I ordered.

Cruz put his hands up in defense. We got into the car, and he pulled out of the driveway. When we arrived at the place, I got out of the car and walked with Cruz into the building.