Take this heart

Valeria

It took two days until I felt better and had some energy. Cameron made me eat when I didn't want to eat. He helped me bathe and dress. He would read to me as I laid on the couch, and he sat on the floor next to the sofa.

You never realize how much you depend on someone until you have no choice. I couldn't have picked a better person to help me than Cameron. As I laid on the couch, he reached over and gently brushed my cheek with the back of his hand. I smiled slightly.

When I went to bed, Cameron climbed in next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled into him as he pressed his lips to the side of my head. I didn't want to be alone anymore. I wanted to hope, and Cameron offered that. How do you miss what's been in front of you all this time?

I couldn't do this without Cameron, and I didn't want to try as I drifted off to sleep with my thoughts.

*******
Cameron

I felt someone touch me, waking me from my sleep. I opened my eyes to see Valeria sitting up in bed, looking at me. I sat up.

"Is everything okay? Do you feel sick? Do you need anything?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I want to have a picnic today," Valeria answered.

"A picnic?" I questioned.

Valeria nodded, then smiling.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked.

"Yes," Valeria answered grinning.

I sat up and looked at Valeria, then smiled. I got out of bed and helped her. I looked at her. "I think I can arrange a picnic," I reasoned. Valeria smiled, and I placed my hand on the back of her head and leaned in, kissing her forehead.

Whatever Valeria wanted to do, we would do it.

"I think I'll take a shower," Valeria mentioned.

"I'll join you," I mentioned, leading Valeria into the bathroom.

I turned on the shower, making sure the temperature was right, then I helped her get ready. Once she was in the shower, I stepped in after her. I picked up the soap and washed her body, gliding the loofah over her skin gently. I turned her around to face me as I remove her front.

Then I moved my hand, touching Valeria's scars on her chest. "These are warrior scars," I informed Valeria.

"How is a mastectomy a warrior scar?" Valeria questioned, doubtful of my response.

"Because it makes you brave and shows that your fighter. You are the true definition of a warrior fighting a battle of an unseen enemy. That means you're courageous," I explained.

"I like that," Valeria replied, smiling.

"It's true," I reasoned.

Valeria stepped forward and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her back. Sometimes we need hope to know that we have the strength to fight. I buried my face into the crook of Valeria's neck, enjoying her arms around me.

"Okay, we need to finish our shower so that we can have our picnic," I told Valeria, pulling away and washing her.

"Okay, it's my turn to wash you," Valeria said, taking the loofah from me.

"You do know I can wash," I mentioned, pointing to her.

"I know, but I want to do it," Valeria mentioned with a look.