Chapter 1

After getting a notification that your apartment just got caught in a fire, all you could do was walk in circles and think about something but can't seem to even have any idea.

You sat back to the bench sighing and your eyebrows knit together.

"What am i supposed to do? I don't even have friends to live with.." You slumped your back on the bench as the worry started to heat your face up and tears slowly rose up blurring your vision.

It's rare for you to cry, the last time you cried was when your father died and you became a homeless mess with grief still engulfing your heart.

Good thing you still have your cards and ID, you never really leave money at your place because you were so anxious someone might just bust through and rob the place while you're out. Although yeah everything is basically gone.

You took out your phone and pressed the contacts button,

[Jiro Yamada]

[Ria Asahaki]

'Jiro? No, it's too much to ask a 17 year old for help and besides I'm afraid that I'm gonna cause so much trouble in a household of brothers.' The thought embarrasses you.

And Ria, your boss. Totally not. She's totally gonna talk you on points where you would think she's going to agree but she'll turn it down for sure because she lives with her fiance, and that would be more troublesome.

Cursing inside your head for like the thousandth time in such a short span of time, you decided to go back at the main street and looked for rent flyers and you took about 20 of them from different places. Making your way to a convenience store to buy some essentials you saw the teal-haired boy again but you didn't have the energy to say 'hi' or whatsoever anymore.

You were browsing through the shampoo shelves when someone poked your shoulder and you went to a defensive stance.

"Yo, Yo. Calm down. It's just me."

It was Phantom.

'Just you..? That wasn't so great i suppose.' You kept a straight face without answering him.

"Out for essentials buying? Guess what, Me too!" Phantom laughed and your face still sour for being not amused.

"Am I even talking to someone here?" He questioned leaning in beside you.

You had enough and looked his way with your faces almost touching.

"Sir, I am not in the mood for a talk right now" You formally stated.

"I mean who would be after your place gets burned." Phantom smirked.

The remark made you look at him once more with annoyance.

'How does he even know?' You wondered.

"I will gladly take you in, if you were just nice enough to answer me when I'm talking." He followed keeping the smirk on his face.

"Not Interested with your lies and jokes." You ignored the offer and walked away from the man.

Shocked Phantom is right now, all he could do was shrug.

"He already knew that I'm obviously having a bad day yet he still has the audacity to joke around." You whispered to yourself while unknown in the presence he's still following you.

"Think what you want to think." Phantom sighed behind you.

You looked back giving him a glare. "Can you please leave me alone?" You backfired giving a nasty look.