Prologue

I live alone, like your typical adult. Well it so happened when my father died in an accident with underground thugs and got beat up pretty badly. I wasn't there in his last breath because my mom locked me up in an old closet that night when she decided to go out in a pub. My mom and I never really had a good relationship, she would hit me all the time and always blames me why her life was so miserable. I didn't let any of her words get through me and I would always think that she would never keep me in the first place if she hated me so much. But I was so wrong, she kicked me out the day after my dad died. There were no traces of grieve i can sense from her. How heartless. Although that was almost 4 years ago, I survived through begging in each stalls for a job and luckily i got accepted most of the time. Tough luck for a 16 year old that time I suppose.

"Y/N, i heard from boss we have a new employee today" My colleague Jiro tapped me in the shoulder.

New employee huh? It's been a while perhaps I'm not the new one anymore, and so that means I might have to train whoever that may be and make a good expression. Smile Y/N.

"Hnn? You look quite troubled Y/N" Jiro asked giving me a concerned frown.

"You really like sticking your nose in other people's business, don't you Jiro?" I giggled.

"Oi Oi, your calm demeanor really doesn't suit your words sometimes Y/N. Here I thought we were cool now, ya know? Like bros!" He gave his usual bright grin.

I pushed him gently and went to the backroom to put my apron on and went to the pantry to get some icing sugar to top with some fresh classic doughnuts. People started to crowd the place in less than an hour, every day is a busy day here at this place, probably the only reason why I don't wanna leave unlike my previous jobs is that I have grown to make a good relation with my colleagues. I honestly can't ask for more.

"Can I please have a cold mocha latte?" A tall man around my age took his wallet out and slipped some cash out.

"Oh- Ichi nii-san!" Jiro popped out of nowhere. Nii-san? Oh yeah I remember he has brothers known in Ikebukuro. I just sometimes ask myself why Jiro needs a job or something since he earns alot from Divisional Rap Battles.

"Yo Jiro, calm a bit bro, you're gonna break this lady's eardrums" Jiro's Big Brother gave an apologetic smile.

"Oh! Uhm by the way, this is my big bro Ichiro nii-san. Nii-san meet Y/N nee-san" Jiro enthusiastically introduced the both of us.

"Nee-san? I told you, you can just call me Y/N..." Embarrassed as I got, I bit my lower lip.

"Oh sorry, Y/N-chan hehe~" Jiro stuck his tongue out and giggled.

"You look rather young though" Ichiro smiled.

"Oh- Uh Thank you Sir" I bowed.

Ichiro handed his cash and gave me a smile before heading into a nearby table.

As Jiro started to walk back to his post I gave him the note for his brother's order.

I've gotten a few more orders just after Ichiro's and Jiro started grunting here and there. It's somehow sometimes like this.

"Jiro? Are you okay?" I asked.

His facial expression softened and gave me a little nod. Oh, Jiro.

"YO I TOLD YOU I WANTED SOME BIG BURGER, HELP ME THIS TIME I'M SO HUNGRYYYYY" A certain loud voice ringed the place as a group of three men entered the place.

"Be grateful, unless you wanna eat noodles from trash bins" A guy with his nose in his book said.

"Uwaaaahhh! I just wanna eat some sweets!" A pink haired boy whined.