Sudden bullets

¤Chapter 22¤

¤Chapter 22¤

Jungkook looked at the small packet that haneul had brought.

"yep, thats it. Thats the packet my mom had." jungkook said nodding.

"next,the file." haneul said pointing to it.

The file was blue and it was quite thin, not having much contents in it.Jungkook touched the label that said 'jeon' once before opening the file.

Inside where different newspaper cuttings of jungkook's family. Haneul read one of them and shook her head.

"your dad was a drug dealer too jungkook.His company and my family's company were rivals." haneul said.

"Hey, thats your birth certificate.
and your dad's death certificate" yoongi pointed out.

"i'm so confused right now" jungkook said sitting on a chair.

Haneul opened her mouth to reply when a loud boom was heard. Haneul slumped to the ground and taehyung ran behind a man.

Someome had shot haneul and she lay on the ground silently, clutching her chest in pain.

Jungkook carried her and ran to the nearby hospital and he shook in fear.His mom probably shot her or it was junyoung. They had to put her in prison. She was way too dangerous.

Just then jungkook's phone rang.

"hello?" he said.

"jungkook,im Prosecutor Moon" moon replied.

"yes, sir. Please tell me" jungkook said.

"your mom came out of jail because of junyoung. They have teamed up to kill you and haneul. Your mom wants to kill you because you put her in jail and junyoung wants to kill haneul because now everyone in his company knows about her and he doesnt want that." moon said.

"are you serious. Werent they enemies?" jungkook said lowly.

"they were and they are. Thats why junyoung gave the drug dealing to your mom. She took over part of his business. Junyoung is powerless alone and so he had to sacrifice half of his company to kill haneul." moon replied.

"the only way to put your mom in jail or even find her is when you hurt Junyoung." moon said.

"why junyoung?" jungkook asked.

"haneul's dad is still alive. He is not dead. They hid him for so many years and faked his death so that his rivals dont kill him,but he is sick. He has been sick for all these years. he does have lung cancer so right now our target is junyoung."

"If we get him, we can threaten him saying we will kill haneul's dad. Since he is so devoted to her, he will tell us where your mom is.Once we find out, we can kill junyoung and your mom and leave haneul's dad to die on his own since he hasnt got long to live anyway" Prosecutor moon finished heaving a breath.

" I understand. I hope this works. now haneul was shot. I dont know how much longer i can do this.how did you know where haneul's dad is ?" jungkook said.

"that part was the easiest. we went to haneul's neighbourhood in gwangju and stood watch near the house. The house was said to be abandoned but everyday a maid used to silently walk in and go out. Thats when we find out he's inside." moon replied.

"ok, we can start the plan once haneul is healed. Until then,she needs me"  jungkook said cutting the call.

Haneul wasnt severely injured but she was shot, so they had to do a surgery to remove rhe bullet. She was still unconscious and so jungkook was worried.

He sighed and sat down,put his head near her bed and took her hand in his and kissed it.

"I'm sorry i couldnt protect you" he said before falling asleep.