Mystery rain

¤Chapter 9¤

¤Chapter 9¤

"hey babe" taehyung kissed the top of haneul's head as he sat down beside her on the couch.

It was dark out and the couple were watching a movie. Rain splattered on the windows noisily and it was almost midnight.Taehyung had planned to stay over and spend time with haneul.

College stress was getting to haneul and she had made two new friends, Songi and SoHee. They were identical twins and seemed to like haneul alot and she enjoyed talking to them as well.

All seemed perfect. Haneul had a new house,a side job at a clothes store and a boyfriend, a very tall handsome boyfriend. Call her selfish, but haneul wasn't happy. She had an unsettling feeling in her stomach and turned to taehyung.

She scanned his side profile, no doubt he was gorgeous. In the Tv light, his green highlights glowed and the silver rings on his ear gleamed.

Taehyung felt her looking and faced her, his prominent boxy smile appearing. He hugged haneul,pulled her closer and interlocked their hands.

"tae? Its awfully quiet.Shouldn't we check on jungkook?" haneul asked.

"you're right, he usually doesn't leave us alone"taehyung replied thinking.

"come on then let's go together" haneul tugged on taehyung's arm and pecked him on the cheek.

The two climbed up the stairs trying not to get wet in the heavy rain and knocked on jungkook's door.

There was no answer.

"maybe he's asleep?" haneul asked looking up at taehyung.

"no way baby, he sleeps like at 3 everynight after playing like 50 games of overwatch." taehyung replied chuckling and shaking his head.

Haneul felt weird and uncomfortable, she couldn't shake off an unusual feeling that she was having.

Taehyung typed in the passcode and the door swung open slowly.

The two stepped inside.

The house was a mess.

Jungkook's neat bed was now unmade, the sheets thrown on the floor and a beautiful glass vase which he used to store batteries in was in pieces on the floor.

Taehyung called out for jungkook but there wasn't a reply.

The couch was flipped over, chairs were broken.

The TV had a huge crack in the middle.

Haneul went to the fridge and opened it. The fridge was empty except for one banana milk with a blue sticky note on it.

Haneul recognized jungkook's neat cursive.

"don't search for me, i'll be back" the sticky note said with a small JJK and a heart at the bottom.

Haneul crushed the paper and put it into her pocket and decided not to tell taehyung about it for some reason.

"taehyung, I think something's wrong. Im going to search for him okay?" haneul replied stepping out carefully.

"ill call jimin and yoongi and tell them to come as well" taehyung replied grabbing his phone.

Thats when haneul ran.

She ran in the rain barefoot without an umbrella as she called out jungkook's name desperately.

Her clothes were soaking wet and her blue hair was matted and soggy.

Haneul ran until her heels ached and suddenly she noticed a black figure sitting in the middle of the road.

As she stepped closer she heard whimpers and crying.

The low dimness of the street light helped haneul notice a glint of blue coming from the figure.

"kook?" haneul called out.

Jungkook looked up at her before his head went back between his legs and hands.

Haneul ran to jungkook and hugged him.

She pulled apart his hands from his face and her mouth dropped open.
Jungkook's lips were bleeding and his blue highlights were red from the blood dripping from his forhead and his neck had a big bleeding cut.

Worst of all, jungkook was crying. The poor boy was shaking and shivering as he got wet in the rain.His clothes were covered in his blood,sweat and tears. His brown orbs were dull and lifeless and his eyes were bloodshot and nose red.

Haneul hugged jungkook tightly and pulled him slowly to the side of the road onto a pathway.

"what happened kookie, tell me ,who hurt you what are you doing here?" haneul asked tears flowing from her eyes.

"She's here" was all jungkook said whimpering as he fell on haneul losing his consciousness.